“Cheese Meats Chocolates Sandwiches and More”

Caputo's Market and Deli
Ranked #9 of 1,505 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Price range: USD 4 - USD 10
Cuisines: Deli, Greek, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We saw this place on the way to our hotel and was glad we checked it out. There were cheeses that were new to us and we were able to sample whatever we wanted to. We had sandwiches from here on two different days. I especially enjoyed the Red Pepper sandwich. We also took cheese and crackers with us for munching. Also-bakery next door had the yummiest selections.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Love the Muffaleta sandwich. Try to get in to Caputo every time we’re in town. Worth the drive from Moab for lunch daily. The market is fantastic and we usually head home with supplies. Wish we lived closer.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

I was here on a very cold day in February. It was a long walk from my hotel, but worth it because I had spaghetti and meatballs which warmed me up. Then at the deli, I bought some great salami, cheese, crackers, and chocolate to bring back to my hotel room for snacks. The guys working the deli counter were really helpful and knowledgeable.They also have an amazing selection of gourmet chocolates.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

There's more to just ordering a sandwich at Caputo's but I'll start there. The sandwiches are amazing - huge, packed with meat, cheeses and other delicious items. Three of us ordered three different sandwiches. The breads are fresh and flavorful. We could only eat half of each of our sandwiches, they were so big! The wrapped our leftovers with plastic wrap to take home.

The fish market is a treasure in the middle of Salt Lake. Fresh fish and seafood can be ordered at the counter and the prices are great! Next time we will order some fish to take home to grill.

The market is packed with goodies - chocolates, cheeses, meats, olive oils, candies, herbs, pastas tomato sauce and more. Some items, like a lot of the chocolate, is made in Salt Lake. Other items are shipped in from Italy. Take the time to walk around and look at things. Try some bread dipped in balsamic vinegar or olive oils. Try some cheese at the deli counter.

This was my first time at Caputo's and I want to return again soon. It's something interesting, fun and tasty to do!

Reviewed 14 February 2018

I am surprised to write a review after eating a Tuna Sandwich. But this tuna sandwich is worth it. I ordered not expecting anything at all. However, the sandwich is really really good. Very different from most of the tuna sandwiches that I have tasted (and there have been many!!).

The bread is excellent. It holds pretty well with the tuna.

Now, for the tuna...first of all...it tastes like tuna! it has some balsamic vinaigrette but does not take anything from the tuna. If you love the taste of tuna, you must try this sandwich. If you like your sandwiches heavy on the mayo, this is not for you.

This is for tuna lovers.