“Here is a fantastic market, it is all you could want in fine italian cheeses and meats”

Caputo's Market and Deli
Ranked #18 of 1,445 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Price range: USD 4 - USD 10
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Greek, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 12 July 2017

We flew into Salt Lake City on July 1st, 2017, and got a good night sleep before going to Caputo's and then on to Park City, Utah. We got to Caputo's around 10:15am and were immediately over whelmed with the wonderful fragrances of great Cheese. My wife and I introduces ourselves to Christian one of the guys behind the counter and immediately started sampling cheese. it was Fantastic in every manner, We tried probably 9 - 12 cheeses and picked a cheddar, blu-de-buffalo, and a couple of others along with some meats and were ready for a very enjoyable trip to Park City to celebrate the 4th and go to the Park City Food & Wine Classic July 6 - 8. The cheese and meets were great and Christian was a huge help and became a good friend, who we will look forward to visiting with again when we go back to Park City in November.

We did not really take advantage of the restaurant on site.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Nice little place near the park with good sandwiches as well as a deli counter, cheese shop, and italian imports.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I love going to Caputo's for a great lunch or for a hard-to-find ingredient. The staff is very knowledgeable and great with recommendations!

Reviewed 25 June 2017

We took the Frontrunner into SLC from Layton on a Saturday and stopped in Caputo's for lunch. After a browse thought the market, which has a very good selection of food items imported from Italy, and charcuterie meat counter, we ordered lunch, I had the hot pastrami and it was very good. My wife ordered the special, which was lasagna, and she didn't think it was good at all. Caputo's also has a fish market with a pretty good selection of seafood items. Prices are about what you should expect in a metropolitan area lacking a seaport.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Historically love Caputos, it is always right on. With that high standard I was totally put off by the Acme Fish Market smell permeating the entire sitting area. Why did I order a Mexican soup in an Italian specialty store? HUGE out of a box terrible stuff. Caputo's, stick to your homemade soups. The mozarella basil and tomatoes sandwich was good but on a completely wrong bread. No crisp, no crust, got soggy immediately. Sorry Caputos, big FAIL.