“Disappointing for one reason”

Salt Lake City Public Library
Book In Advance
More Info
USD 64.00*
and up
Sunset Bike and Brothel Tour
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My elderly father and I decided that we must visit the Salt Lake City Public Library when we came here on vacation this year. It is a beautiful and modern building and we could not wait to go inside. However, we were stopped three times by homeless people outside and inside the library for money. Once inside my Dad wanted to sit down while I looked at the art exhibits. Every seat was taken by a homeless (and smelly) homeless person. The library has become their sanctuary. What a shame that the public and tourists can not enjoy such a wonderful building. It was so depressing to be inside there. What can the city of Salt Lake do at this point? I will never go back.

All reviews
"periodicals"
"nooks"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I didn't actually go inside because I didn't end up having time. I wanted to though. But even just driving by was cool. The building is definitely unique from the outside.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

This is nice Library with lot of sections . The outdoor lighting at night is beautiful add a rainbow touch to city centre..

Reviewed 9 February 2018

The architecture alone is worth the visit.Moshe Safdie was brought in to design this unusual building which is more than just a library for downtown Salt Lake. It's auditorium has films during the Sundance Film Festival, lecture series, and apart gallery on the top floor.

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 February 2018

Even if you don't live in Salt Lake County and can't check items out of this library, you should still got to see the amazing architecture and traveling exhibits. The curved windows are really neat to see from the inside and outside. The glass elevator is fun to ride. It's fun to go to the top and look down on the city. There is street parking and underground parking. The street parking is cheaper if you're not staying very long.