“Great Selection for Everyone”
Review of Chuck-a-Rama

Chuck-a-Rama
Ranked #231 of 1,505 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Price range: USD 3 - USD 14
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This is my first time at a Chuck-a-Rama. Was so pleased with the selection since some in our party were non-meat eaters. The food was good and warm . The only downside is that you can't try everything.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

On Sunday, April 1, 2018, my wife and I went to Chuck A Rama on 400 South to have an early dinner.
She and I both enjoyed having the many selections for food. I had narrowed down the choices to this and one other restaurant that would have required us to order off the menu, but my wife decided on Chuck A Rama because of being able to pick what she wanted at the moment right off the tables.
One of my favorite things for this trip was that I received one of the last pieces of the beef before they started carving from the fresh tower of beef. My piece was about a half-inch thick or so. It was a bit overdone for my liking, but I put a little gravy over it and still enjoyed it quite a bit.
I had several other things, such as squash, stroganoff, and green beans, along with several fruits and salad choices on a separate plate. I finished with some chicken tenders, more stroganoff, and desserts. My wife had chicken tenders, pot roast, funeral potatoes, scone, bun, and several other items, including some desserts.
Our server, Mayla (pronounced my-luh), was trying to keep up with everything, as it was very busy. Still, once she started coming around to our booth, she did drop by fairly often to refill our drinks and clear away our used plates.
My wife and I don’t visit this location very often – our last time was just over 12 years ago the day after we wed – but we enjoyed it as much this time as ever.
If you find yourself wanting lunch or dinner when you are in the neighborhood, but can’t pin down what you are hungry for, drop in to Chuck A Rama and pick what you want from their various selections.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

There are several buffet type restaurants in the Salt Lake Valley, but in my opinion, this is the best. This location is always exceptionally clean and the workers are friendly. The salad bar has just about every topping imaginable and the hot items are always fresh and stocked. The broasted chicken is very good, and we really like the choices on the seafood day and the Italian day. During lunch they have these delicious BBQ chicken legs that are a little spicy and sweet. The carving station at dinner has roast beef, turkey and ham. The roast beef isn't terribly consistent. Some nights it is great and others, it's a little dry. To be honest, I really don't care for most of the desserts. The brownies are good, but that's about it. The drinks are included in the price and the whole meal is a great value.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Salad bar was fine. Limited main courses. They use one knife to carve beef, ham and turkey. Ham and beef pieces all over the turkey. Nothing is marked if food is vegetarian. Would not return here.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

First off I want to say the staff were great. The service was great. The food choice was good and the display of the food was good but the problem is the food is just not. It's not quality it's quantity. For the right foodies it's great to be able to eat all you want and to have a great selection of food to eat. This place is for those type of people but for people who have a high set standard of how food should be prepared and the quality of that food this is not for you. It's not for me.
I will say, however, that I could eat those rolls with a big plate of mash potatoes and be happy for a few hours but not worth the price of admission.