“Friendly people, but they drop the ball everywhere”
Review of Mo's Neighborhood Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Pizza
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Oh, where to start. The waiter, super nice dude. It's a family joint. But nothing went right ... order took a long time to come, bacon was burned so badly it was hard to eat, they forgot the toast, never refilled the coffee and were out of paper towels in the gents ... that and waitress' children wandered around, staring at diners ... then had to deliver the credit card myself. I got the feeling they are nice people, but not skilled at running an efficient restaurant.

Reviewed 24 February 2011

Maybe because I'm European, and I've been always dreaming of eating in one of such places; you know, the ones you always see in American road movies ...or I'd better say you USED to see in road movies, as nowadays basically most of those places are part of a chain.
That's not the case of Mo's.
Very good food (I took a veggy-burger with fries) and a soda at a very decent price.
The service as I like: fast, straight but polite and looking into your eyes when talking to you.
Of course the place is not for people looking for a "cool" or "à la page" restaurant (no stars from Hollywood), but that's not a disco, it's a place where you expect to eat well without issues and then go out.
Mo's is perfect for this, and I dare say it has its own charm also in the little things around which would need a fix, e.g. the adhesive tape in front of a few pieces of furniture.
I liked this place a lot and I'll come back.

Reviewed 10 March 2008

At least a decent dinner in SLC! I looked hard to find a non-franchised restaurant, and it's getting difficult to get a "normal" place: good service, nice atmosphere, and good food (which is I believe the point of going in a restaurant). And please not "the best avocado-pineapple burger in the world-ever" as you see all over the places...
I had the steack with mushrooms. They asked me how I wanted it cooked. My head said "I can tell whatever I want, they'll do over-cooked anyway"... but no, it was perfect. And all of this for a reasonable price. To recommend!

1  Thank meduz