“Tasty, reliable, healthy, fun decor ”
Review of Rumbi Island Grill

Rumbi Island Grill
Ranked #272 of 1,517 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

We used to have Rumbi Island Grill in Colorado & we miss it! It is my favorite restaurant as far as decorations go, very tropical and fun. It is a fast casual restaurant where you order from the counter and then they bring your food out for you. We visited on a weekday and only waited in line for one minute and had our food eight minutes later. We ordered the pulled pork plate, and also an Asian salad. The salad came with chicken which they were happy to serve in a separate dish. The salad was very fresh and healthy and delicious. They have a great selection of soft drinks. We don't normally order soda but they had chrysolite as a fountain drink. That is a first.

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

This is my second time eating at this restaurant. I love the food. Fresh and very tasty. The Mango Salad is my favorite. Great prices and service. Visit The Gateway and have lunch or dinner at Rumbi. Maybe take in a movie before or after because it's directly across from the theatre escalator. Wish they had one here in Costa Mesa / Newport Beach.

Reviewed 11 June 2016

We stopped by here before heading out of Salt Lake City, just looking for something different. My wife, kids, and myself all had different rice bowls, and loved every one of them. It was a great, cheap meal. We wish there was one in St. Louis!

Reviewed 17 April 2016

I love this place. It's Island theme and they have different types of chicken dishes like jerk chicken, etc. It's delicious and the food is always excellent.

Reviewed 24 February 2016

We loved the way the menu works--choose your protein, sauce, and rice (or noodles) to build your dish. I loved the mahi with a fruit salsa over noodles. My companions enjoyed their chicken dishes as well. The prices are reasonable and the service very fast.