“Best prime rib ever had!”

The Roof Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Roof Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 1,505 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Price range: USD 25 - USD 100
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: State Street
Description: The Roof Restaurant is a fine dining gourmet buffet, priced at $42.00 per adult. We are open for dinner starting at 5:00 p.m. Monday- Saturday. The menu includes our renowned dessert buffet and exciting international cuisine along with traditional favorites that differ on a daily basis.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Beautiful view and atmosphere! They have someone playing a grand piano, the best prime rib I ever had. All the food I tried was good, even the bread pudding, and I don't like bread pudding! The clam chowder is very cheesy and rich (apparently award winning). Would definitely go again!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Make no mistake this is a beautifully decorated, high end and high priced restaurant. The highlight is the great views of metropolitan Salt Lake City. The piano player was excellent providing an ambiance for fine dinning. Interestingly, this is a buffet style restaurant that feels very cramped and traffic flow around the food is very congested! The cost is $42 person and there is an 18% automatic gratuity for parties of six or more. While our sever was very friendly, all she did was pour our group water and take away dishes. Her duties did not include taking orders and making recommendations because of the buffet style- not worth 18%!
The food was definitely below standard for fine dinning. The prime rib was tough, mash potatoes were very runny and many of the deserts did not seem homemade. While they were displayed beautifully, they tasted “store bought”. For example, the whip cream toppings were from a spray can.
While, one of our party was under 11, we were charged the full adult price of $42. After charging 18% gratuity, the bill provided the option of adding an “additional” gratuity! What an insult!
Two stars rating: One star for the view, one star for the decor and ambiance. My advice is to skip the restaurant and enjoy the views from the observation deck!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

It has been 20 years since we have been in SLC but this is still a highlight and a phenomenal meal. MUST make a reservation, try to get a window seat! The ambience is amazing, You have an amazing photo-op above the temple. The salads are divine and the soups are unique and great. We were there for dinner, there was super fresh shrimp and crab legs. Yes, it is pricey, $45 each for dinner and $22 for lunch, but we had primo prime rib and ham and bbq brisket carved to order. The entree' bar was excellent. And the desserts? Two separate serving areas with the right-sized portions so you can taste and test every imaginable delicacy. The service is spot-on, the drinks are non-alcoholic all, but very tasty. You can take as long as you want to dine and you won't want to leave. The pianist was subtle and very talented. Let them know it is a special occasion and you get a cut little table card. Definitely a special occasion location. Well done!!!

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

I was here for a business dinner and what a great experience! The view of the city, mountains and Temple at sunset was spectacular. I didn’t expect a buffet for a higher end restaurant like this but I sampled a lot of what the buffet had to offer (e.g., vegetable salads, prime rib, seafood, appetizers) and it all was fresh and delicious. The only part I wasn’t impressed with was the dessert buffet, but it turns out that I missed half of it. My colleagues who, unlike me, found the other half liked those desserts better for some reason. Some of my colleagues ordered special drinks and fought them to be way too sweet. Not having been to Salt Lake City before, I was surprised they didn’t offer alcohol or coffee, not even decaf, but I should have realized this. It certainly wasn’t a problem.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

$45 for a ham buffet. Good food, but seriously $45 (plus tax and tip) for cafeteria menu food.

Also- no coffee, no beer, no wine. Yeah, it’s their “religion” but I’m not Mormon, and I want a glass of wine.

4  Thank JacksonGuy