All reviewsthe concierge loungetemple squaregallivan centerself parkwithin walking distancesalt lakehotel restaurantdowntown attractionsroom servicefew blocksattending a conferencelocation is excellentbeautiful hotellarge bathroomcentral locationbit datedwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Overall we enjoyed our stay here. The recent room refresh looks great and very modern. The hotel staff were all very kind and they went out of their way to upgrade us to a corner room. The rooms were very clean and the soap in the bathroom smelled amazing. The only complaint we had about the room was that it was pretty warm and difficult to cool down, even when we turned the air down very low. This may have been due to us having a corner room with two windows. Our biggest complaint about our stay was at breakfast. We are gold elite members, but the concierge lounge was closed for the weekend, so we were given free breakfast vouchers. There was a breakfast buffet and we were told that we could only take certain items from the buffet with our vouchers, and if we wanted to take anything warm from the buffet we would have to pay an extra $4. It seemed weird to have a buffet that we were only allowed to take certain items from. I think they should either give elite members full access to everything at the buffet, or put the exclusive items in a separate area. It just seemed weird that we were told what we could and couldn't take from the buffet. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay for the most part and thought that the hotel was just great!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here 4 nights and just returned. The hotel and staff were great. It would be nice if it had a mini fridge in the room. The only negative would have been that on the final morning around 8am housekeeping knocked on our door. Before my wife answered the door you could hear her doing the same thing up and down the hall. She wasn’t wanting to talk to anyone. Apparently she was just waking everyone up so she could clean the rooms earlier. There are lots of great restaurants and shopping within walking distance. We also had a great view of the mountains from our room.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2018

Modern room with a recent refresh! They offered no carpet on the floors and that was simply amazing. The hotel was clean and quite in a fantastic location to city creek mall and all the downtown offerings. I really enjoyed my stay and I can't think of any reasons not to stay here! I love a well managed operation and this hotel has a sense of somebody getting things done well and right. They were smooth and ready to help! I had a housecleaning lady knock before 9:00 am on 12:00 checkout. That is always annoying to me, but it happens. Thanks Marriott, we will be back!

Room Tip: A corner room for a great view!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I have been a long time customer of Marriott Hotels from The Courtyard to the JW's; and this stay at this hotel in SLC was a 1st for me and defintely the last. I reserved and assume that paying 500.00 a night would get you something at least. I got nothing but a Hotel 6 grade of a room, that smelled like 1973' s bad gym socks. What a let down, then to fi nd out construction is going on down the hall. Old, Old and just bad. Shame on you Marriott. Ill be looking to other smaller Bouitique Hotels, where people actually care about quality/service and the Value of a dollar.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Doug K, Manager at Salt Lake City Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Lisa C

Thank you for staying with us recently and I am very sorry your stay was not more enjoyable.

Our normal weekday rate is $259 and based on your comments, I assume you must have stayed on a very busy night to see that amount of variance. If a room is needed during large conventions or high demand times our rate may fluctuate. As you mentioned, we are working on a rooms renovation and have completed a good portion of the hotel. This process is a complete update of the rooms and the work will continue through June. Once the rooms are completed the restaurant/lobby will be updated later in the year.

Thanks again for your feedback and please contact me directly for any additional concerns.

Doug

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for several nights with two children. Very clean, nice service and great breakfast. In fact ... The one thing that stands out was the personal service for breakfast! Whoever is running your restaurant should be commended!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family