New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Hampton Inn Salt Lake City-Downtown
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“Great location, rooms and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Clean rooms, well appointed, although not luxurious. Walking distance to many local restaurants and convenient to the highway. Basic breakfast does the job, especially prior to going skiing. Free parking and wifi. If all you need is a room to sleep, this is more than adequate

Room Tip: Avoid street side of hotel to avoid excessive noise
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Turkish first
Littleton, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

DON'T STAY HERE! I travel, for business purposes several times a month. I travel to various cities and I travel to Salt Lake City, two to four times a month. I stayed at this hotel because I have always had good experiences with Hampton Inns. I should have know this experience was not going to be a good one because problems started at the reservation stage. My assistant booked my room. She spoke with a member of their staff named Jess. He was rude to her and gave her the third degree through out the process of booking the room, as if she were lying about everything she said. She was told they were completely booked except for the King Suite. I wanted a room with a King size bed, not two queens. She asked for a king size bed. There was also an issue with price. Jess told her that the lower fare could only be booked on the internet. My assistant made the arrangements necessary to get the price quoted on the internet. However, once I received my bill, I was charged the price originally quoted by Jess. I was also booked into a room with two queen size beds. When asked if they would please change it to a room with a king size bed, they acted as if I had asked for something nearly impossible. I did not get my points added to my Hilton Honors Reward # membership (of which I am a Diamond member).

I would not recommend staying here to anyone. We utilize the Hampton Inn in Littleton, CO, on Shaffer Pkwy for many different aspects of our business. We are always treated kindly, with respect, and I am happy and feel comfortable to have our trainees and our board members stay there. There are three hotels in the vicinity of which I speak. We choose the Hampton Inn because their service far exceeds the service of any of the hotels around it.

Hence the reason I chose to stay at the Hampton Inn Salt Lake City Downtown. It was my first and my last stay there.

Room Tip: This is one of those hotels I would ask to see the room before paying. There is obviously no reason...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Chad C
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Truly a family hotel.

Rooms are on the small side, but fully furnished. Parking and wifi were free. Beds were comfortable, shower was hot and water pressure was reasonable.

Impressed with breakfast and service. Breakfast was supposed to end at 10, but Tuesday morning found dozens of people just getting started and not very happy that many items had been consumed. Instead of clearing it up, Hampton restocked past the cut off time and I was just impressed at the service!

Pool... uck. Too many kids, too many babies, poor chlorine control. Cannot recommend the pool or hot tub when it's busy.

Room Tip: High floors are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

Used the Trip advisor site before we went to Salt Lake City, and we were not disappointed! Everything from the front desk to the cleaning staff to the breakfast crew was great. Jasmine at the front desk was so sweet and Mac in the breakfast room was just great! Room was clean, neat and plenty big. My biggest compliment of all goes to the staff. Not one time in the 7 days that we were there did I witness a disgruntled, tired, frustrated or angry reaction from anyone! Ask for more coffee, hot water, tea bags.......they are right on it! Need more pillows and blankets, not a problem. I received smiles, hello's, greetings of good morning, and how are you today my entire stay. Kuddos to the management and to the staff for a wonderfully run, customer serviced hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Avon, Ohio
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,342 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

This is a standard Hampton Inn which is always adequate for the business traveler. This does not appear to be one of their newer properties and my room was in a bit of a noisy area but the staff was friendly and helpful and my stay was comfortable.

Room Tip: Stay away from the lobby and the elevators if you want pease and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business