All reviews chocolate chip cookies would definitely stay here again complimentary breakfast cold cereal salt lake easy access hot tub bed was very comfortable free wifi close to downtown nice stay park city slc freeway desk microwave convenience
Reviewed 29 March 2018

I have two stories to tell. I'll start with the hotel first. It is newly remodeled (looks brand new) in a very attractive and stylish motif. The room are really nice. And they have a hot tub to relax in after a day of skiing. It is conveniently located to the resorts in Cottonwood Canyons as well as DTSLC. Really great place.

But it's the people who really make this a standout place to stay. Everyone I encountered, from the people at the front desk to the very nice lady who attends to breakfast, were credits to the organization and to the hospitality industry. But there is one staff member Shaun (Sean?) Hill who I must single out for praise. There was a mix up with a delivery of my new ski boots ordered online. The hotel mistakenly rejected the delivery, and the package was returned to Jan's Ski in Park City. I called and spoke to Shaun about it. He was deeply apologetic. But get this: without me even asking or making a big stink, he offered to go pick up the package on his own time to make things right. He drove around an hour each was, retrieved the ski boots, and they were in my hotel when I arrived. Truly exceptional. This is something one might expect at a Ritz Carlton.

Mr. Hill is an exceptional employee and a real asset to the organization. Hat's off to try uncommon hospitality and service.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank neildorrel
Sean H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hi Neildorrel,

Thank you for your kind review and comments! On behalf of the entire hotel team, we want to thank you for sharing your memorable experiences with us during your recent stay. It is always encouraging to hear positive feedback, particularly when it comes from those who matter the most – you! We take pride in putting people first, and that's why I was more than happy to correct our mistake and pick up your boots from Park City.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We were not expecting to stop in Salt Lake on our trip to Arizona, so our reservation was made quite late in the day on our arrival date. The rate was quite reasonable, and though our stay was short the room was great. We needed an accessible room due to my friend being in a wheelchair, and they were able to accommodate us with a smile. Hyrum at the front desk was very friendly and even ran a blanket up to us when it was a little chilly for us thin-blooded Arizonians. Beds were very comfortable, and the room was quiet. Breakfast was simple but good.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Jenifer S
Sean H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Hi Jenifer S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your experience. I'll be sure to pass your kind comments on to Hyrum, and the rest of the team. We hope to see you again next time your travels bring you to Salt Lake City (maybe it'll be a little warmer next time!).

Thanks,

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Had a one night stop over here on the way to Arches National Park. Overall a clean facility but with no frills and a bit underwhelming compared with what I have come to expect of the Fairfield Marriott brand. Clearly an older hotel that renovated though they appear to have cut many corners on the reno and the design choices reflect this. The staff was friendly and no serious complaints. A resoundingly successful "par for the course."

Pros: Excellent shower pressure (even on the top floor), complimentary breakfast with waffles (food wasn't great but not terrible either and there was variety.), friendly staff.

Cons: Renovation redesign was poorly executed, not a great location.

Summary: Fine for a quick stopover but wouldn't seek this out for anything more than a few days.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael G
Sean H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Hi Michael G,

Thank you for the review! We were happy to hear you were able to enjoy the complimentary breakfast, and liked the healthy variety. I was disappointed to hear you were let down by the condition of the hotel. Our engineering team works hard to ensure we provide a fresh and well maintained atmosphere for all our guests. It appears as though we fell very short of those expectations. In an effort to improve, I'd like to invite you to reach out to us directly to provide some additional feedback so we can earn all five dots moving forward. I look forward to your feedback, and we hope to better serve you next time your travels bring you to Salt Lake City.

801.265.9600

Reviewed 1 March 2018

We were supposed to arrive at the hotel by 8:30 PM but didn't get in until after midnight.
(flight delays). Our room was adequate and breakfast the next morning good. What really made the day special was a group of National Guard recruits heading out on a medical mission. They were so wonderful. When we were about to leave we found our car had a flat tire..which delayed us about an hour. More chatting with the troops!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Sean H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Hi MaryEllenBertkau,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the room, breakfast, and fellow guests. The best part of travelling is definitely meeting new and interesting people. It looks like based on the overall score, however, that we had some pretty significant room to improve. I'm hoping you'd be willing to reach out to us at the hotel directly, and provide us some feedback as to how we can improve to earn all five dots next time. I look forward to your feedback! We hope for the opportunity to better serve you whenever your travels bring you back to Salt Lake City.

801.265.9600

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

We found this hotel on trip advisor and would highly recommend it. We were on our way home from our Disneyland Anaheim holiday and the hotel was world class. The front desk clerk was super helpful with booking our room over the phone and our room was big enough for four. The free breakfast was more than enough for my family and my daughter is fussy this hotel is a good place to stay and affordable.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Evan T
Sean H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City South, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Hi Evan T,

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We're thrilled to have been a part of your family's vacation. I'll be sure to pass along your positive comments to our staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Best,