“Disgusting & filthy”

Days Inn Port Angeles
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
Reviewed 30 July 2017

First off, I’m not normally one to complain or make an issue over something, but after our stay at Days Inn I want to speak up. While I would be fine with paying $166 for a nice, clean and comfortable hotel room, this was by far none of these. The room we stayed in had to be one of the most filthy hotel rooms I’ve ever seen.
I booked a bit late so my options were very limited. I reserved a room based on pictures and the reviews were “average”. I was traveling with my husband and brother, who was visiting us in Washington from the midwest. We pulled in at 10:30 pm after 6 days of hiking and travel, so we all were quite tired and ready to rest. I say that only to verify that after seeing our room I would have left to find another room or hotel, but the guys were too tired to deal with all that.
The first room offered wasn’t acceptable by the receptionist herself because of the strong, heavy smell of pot, like someone just had a party in the room (who would have access to the room was our question!). The second room was supposed to be non-smoking, as the entire facility was supposed to be, but it reeked heavily of being an old smokers room. I was about to turn and ask for another but the guys were already in with the bags. :-/
As I looked around I saw how old, stained and filthy the carpet was - like spills over a long period of time had been left to darken. The tub was just plain disgusting; a distinct bathtub ring and stains on the base and to top it off 10+ long dark hairs all over the tub. It didn’t look like it had been cleaned in months! There was trash filling the can by the beds plus the cloth arm chair was stained and terribly dirty.
I’m a hiker, camper, gardener, outdoor person so I’m not afraid of dirt or getting dirty but I don’t like filth and that is what this room was. I don’t know if this place is privately owned but if it is the owner needs to do a walk around and check out their facility, get a new cleaning crew or hold the current one accountable, and finally care a bit about their hotel. I probably will not stay at a Days Inn ever again, I think I’d rather sleep in my car! I know I’ve been a bit harsh but I just couldn’t believe they would have people pay to stay in such a place.

Room Tip: Ask to check out the room before committing. They say it's non-smoking facility but ours reek of...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 28 July 2017

We only stayed 1 night. Hotel looked tired and was expensive but you are paying for proximity to Olympic Nat Park and ferry. Check-in was fine, room OK, wifi worked. Breakfast served in tiny area, there are tables and space in conference room to sit. It was OK, about what you would expect, bananas were a plus. Staff struggled to keep up with demand but they tried hard.
Hotel a bit out of town, we walked to downtown, took quite a while and we are walkers! streets are lit so no probs walking back

Reviewed 22 July 2017

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 22 July 2017

On the plus side, the staff were top-notch--friendly, welcoming, and helpful. The room was spacious, the shower was good, and the towels were nice.

On the downside, the building is in desperate need of updating, inside and out. Everything looks tired and worn. There's a lot of road noise, the wifi is weak and drops frequently, and the in-room coffee is a joke. Breakfast offerings are modest and mediocre.

Driving around Port Angeles I didn't see much that looked any better in terms of lodging. There are a lot of good restaurants though, and the Cafe Garden across the street is one of them.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Angeles
2.3 km away
Port Angeles Inn
Port Angeles Inn
#4 of 16 in Port Angeles

Been to Days Inn Port Angeles? Share your experiences!