“"Lint, dust bunnies and lack of fresh air, Oh My!"”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Aircrest Motel

Aircrest Motel
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Port Angeles
Seattle, Washington
“"Lint, dust bunnies and lack of fresh air, Oh My!"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

I attended the Olympic Peninsula Senior Game needing cheap lodging. Upon arrival, I entered the lobby to check in and soon exited to get some fresh air. The smell of stale cigar/cigarette smoke was overwhelming. I booked a king size room which was on the 2nd floor. The stairway leading up to our room was carpeted and in dire need of a vacuum cleaner. I dropped the cap to my toothpaste which fell under the bed. I got on my knees and gasped when I saw all the dirt; dust bunnies and whatever else took up residence. Aside from the dirty carpet and lack of fresh air, the room was decent for the price and for a place to sleep. But I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room was located toward the back of the motel. There was a tavern located outside our window-a l...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
aircrest, Owner at Aircrest Motel, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
I did not realize I could respond. This should have been brought to our attention so we could take whatever action is necessary. All of our guest rooms are non smoking

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bolivar, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

Cheap place to stay, and that's not a bad thing. I and my wife have stayed here several times over the years and will continue to do so. The hotel is old and well used. Cleanliness is about what you would expect for an establishment of this type.

The place is what it is. I always get great internet on the second floor roadside corner. The owner/proprietor was kind of gruff when we first met him. However, he is a pretty good sort if you actually talk to him.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

We had been camping in the area and were taking a ferry to Victoria the next morning. Agree that the office smelled like smoke but our room was clean and well maintained even though old. Incredible shower with major water pressure. This served our needs and we felt the motel had a lot of character. The area doesn't look that great but we felt safe. We'll definitely return.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2011

I have little to add that hasn't already been said -- and nothing positive. Walked in the lobby and was overwhelmed by cigarette smoke, which prompted me to confirm that our room was n/s, which thankfully it was. The exterior can only be described as grungy. The stairway to the second level was carpeted and I don't think it had ever seen a vacuum cleaner or a broom. When we got to the room, it was chapter two -- there was lint all over the carpet. Too bad, because they have spent some money upgrading the place with new carpet and tile. So, owner, protect your investment! Other than the carpet being dirty, the room was decent. But I would not stay here again. The place is a downer -- depressing, tired, and run down. There are too many other choices in the town. This experience makes me rethink the need to have advance reservations. Next time I'll take my chances and see what else is out there that I can see in person beforehand rather than taking a chance on a fifth-rate property like this one.

Room Tip: Probably no such thing at this place
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
aircrest, Owner at Aircrest Motel, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Bad selection of Carpet Blue shows every piece of lint. Carpet also has white thread backing and some of those white threads jump out at you like it was not vacuumed.l

Travellers are raving about these Port Angeles hotels

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2011

My 2 friends and I stayed at Aircrest in July 2010 from Australia as it was cheap and well located, we didnt expect much from Aircrest but were pleasantly surprised. We had a large room with 2 queen beds & 2 large flat screens. We even found it amusing that everytime you rolled over the plastic matress cover crinkled. The only dampner was 2 of us getting sick from eating Jack in a Box. But it is walking distance to fast foods, Walgreens and a laundromatt. I plan on taking my partner in August this year and we will be staying at Aircrest. The place has character.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends