“Good place for Seafood”

Ranked #14 of 387 Restaurants in Macon
Price range: USD 8 - USD 12
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed eating here. Atmosphere was cozy and inviting. It has been a long time since I have had a Shrimp Burger and their version brought back memories. It was excellent. Make sure you get the Kudzu Chips as your side. You will not be disappointed. Staff and service was also excellent. Very eager to please.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Wonderful fried shrimp were succulent and sweet inside with a crisp light breading. The chips were good. The salad was very good. The jam balls were great. The service and staff were great.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

If you like deep fried seafood, this is for you. All was very tasty but I think that they could provide a few more options for sides. Server was very friendly and efficient!

1  Thank Sivon
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Very nice quaint downtown spot to eat lunch or dinner. Service is friendly and one time. Atmosphere is a little rustic but comfortable. Menu is amazing and interesting have not tried everything on the menu but what I tried is very good. Portions are not overwhelming but adequate for an appropriate size meal. The only negative thing that I can say is that it gets a little smokie in the dining room and it gets irritating to your eyes. Parking is on the street right in front or within walking distance. Overall I would highly recommend this restaurant for business, casual, or even a family meal. The downtown is reviving NA presents at nice backdrop for dining experience. PS- there's also seating outside.

1  Thank R W
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Seriously, I just don't have a taste for seafood. But the people I know and love are, and so I always had my eye out for this place. In fact, I tried to steer my wife there (one of the aforementioned people I love) on a few occasions and for various reasons it never worked out. So when a few of my co-workers invited me to lunch recently I was tempted to say No Thanks, but when they said they were going to Kudzu I decided this was my chance to do some recon for the family. Okay, so I stuck with the chicken tenders, which were outstanding, but my friends fish dishes looked equally as delicious. Although a casual dining experience by any yard stick, the quality of the food would not have it hiding it shame if you presented it on porcelain instead of plastic. The side dishes are every bit as fresh, and home made as the entrees. I sampled the Blue Cheese Slaw, the Cheese Grits and the Kudzu Chips and loved them all. The Chicken Tender Po-Boy I had was on a quality Po-Boy roll from Louisiana, and frankly when you're eating a Sandwich the bread makes all the difference. The staff all seemed up beat and energetic too, all in all a great positive vibe to the whole experience. If there was a down side at all, it was the fact that you will smell like fried sea food when you leave, not that that's a bad thing, might turn some people on, LOL. Anyway, I yo want a great Gulf Coast Sea Food experience, or even if you're "not a sea food guy", do yourself the favor and give Kudzu a try.

1  Thank Blue-Eyes-Fam

Been to Kudzu Seafood Company? Share your experiences!