“Too RICH for me”

Price range: USD 11 - USD 39
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 26 January 2018

Food was good but too rich and too expensive for my taste. I just enjoy a good steak I guess. Salmon was nicely done but I can do without capers.

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Food was very good. I had the top choice filet it was excellent .Wife had pan seared grouper she loved it.Server was great. Drinks were a little overpriced. Will go back just probably won't have bar drink.

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

What a wonderful surprise for a business lunch. Server was great. I had shrimp and grits. Tasted so good and filling. The was quiet enough for a good discussion with my friend. I’ll have to come back and bring my wife. So good.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

The Back Burner has become one of our preferred destinations for a special occasion dinner. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem like a lot of people know about it. That does make it pretty easy to get a reservation (recommended!). The setting inside an old house is unique among Macon upscale restaurants, and I love the old wood floors and the overall feel. The entrance is a little odd - you walk through the enclosed porch dining area to get to the hostess stand. I thought we were at the wrong door the first time we dined there, but a server graciously waved us in and immediately we felt at home.

Beef is the featured attraction here. The steaks (filet and strip) are very well prepared - the chef’s definition of medium rare is just how I like it. However, I tried the braised short rib at our most recent visit, and it may have replaced the filet as my favorite on the menu. Meat was very tender, and the red wine reduction was delicious.

All in all, The Back Burner is easily in my top 3 of Macon restaurants and just might be number one.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

This is amazing it is built in an old house. The service was fantastic but the best was the steak. The best in Macon.