“Good Food, Friendly Staff... Winner Winner...”

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
Ranked #63 of 406 Restaurants in Macon
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

We've been to a ton of Cracker Barrels during our many travels, some good, some not so good. This one in Macon was a good one. The hostess and my server were friendly and seemed happy to be there, and that's a plus. I had one of my favorites, chicken and dumplings with corn and carrots. The dumplings were really tasty, some of the best from this chain of restaurants that I've ever had. The vegetables were tasty too. The only negative; the cornbread and biscuit were sort of dry. My wife had eggs and grits and enjoyed her meal. Like I said, some CBs are better than others and this is one of them. Well done!

Reviewed 21 August 2018

We like to stop at Cracker Barrels on our vacations as they are a more relaxed but also sit down dining without being fast food. The portions were large and fresh with the apple pie delicious.

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We were staying at the Hampton Inn so decided to walk across the parking lot to the Cracker Barrel for dinner despite the number of bad reviews on Trip Advisor. Big Mistake! I got the baked chicken special with stuffing. There was what resembled a breast and a small piece of chicken that looked like it had already been half eaten by someone. It was the driest piece of chicken that I have ever had and was barely room temp. They had run out of gravy so the dressing was just as dry. I took a couple of bites and decided to pass on the entire meal. It was so dry that I could barely cut it. When we checked out at the register they asked how everything was. I explained it was possibly the worst meal I ever had. She said “sorry about that.” No offer to take it off the bill or any compensation. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this place! I should have listened to Trip Advisor!

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Food was okay. Service was very slow. Had to wait for glass to get refilled a couple of times. Would not recommend this location.

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Before I start, please understand that I am a true southerner - born and bred. I have loved Cracker Barrel’s for as long as I can remember. I love their food. However, we walked into this restaurant and were seated. There was one other diner in the restaurant. We sat at the table watching employees go into and out of the kitchen and never did one person speak with us. We didn’t even receive water! So we left. Be warned!