“A Little Steep for Lunch”

Piedmont Brewery and Kitchen
Ranked #21 of 433 Restaurants in Macon
Price range: USD 5 - USD 16
Description: Middle Georgia's finest brewpub offering handcrafted beer, honest food and a family friendly urban arcade.
Reviewed 5 January 2018

My husband, Granddaughter and I visited Piedmont this week. This was a first time experience for all of us. There were only two other people there when we arrived but we were having lunch a little late in the day. This place has a huge bar area and lots of booths and tables My husband had the fried fish, slaw and waffle fries; my Granddaughter had brisket, fries and potato salad while I had the pulled pork sandwich, fries and slaw. The food was very good and served promptly. We all had tea to drink. Our server was very attentive. The dining experience was great!! My only complaint was that our bill (including tip) was $50. That seems a little steep for 3 people for lunch.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

I must admit I am a local & a regular but the food is great & they also serve wine. Beer is good, but I’m not a big beer fan.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Got seated right away at the bar. I don’t drink beer but that didn’t matter. The food was delicious and the service prompt and friendly! I had fish and chips and my friend had pulled pork and Mac-n-cheese. Portions were plenty - even took some home! After that, we enjoyed the Christmas lights walking distance from the restaurant. There’s a beautiful stretch of lights and music set to go off every hour (starts at 7 I think)...food and area were both wonderful!!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 2 November 2017

We were just walking around Macon, checking out the city and decided to stop in and try the Piedmont Brewery for a beer. It is an interesting place with a good selection of their brews. We sat at the bar, which was a nice place to be. The bartender was helpful, the beer was good (and cold), and the experience was enjoyable. We're glad we stopped in and we think you will be also.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 18 October 2017

This was my first visit to the Piedmont Brewery and Kitchen. It won't be my last. First, the setting....I hate restaurants where tables are so close that you can hear (and be tempted to participate in) your neighbor's conversation. No problem here. There is space to have your own conversation. And, there is an arcade downstairs to keep the kids happy!
Second, the food..... new, interesting, and delicious! I highly recommend the grits fritters with pulled pork. Listed as an appetizer, it is easily a lunch meal. There are pork meat hamburgers that tasted wonderful. A choice of salads rounds out a wonderful lunch.
But....remember, it's also a brewery. You can get a flight of tasters or pick your favorite. I loved their Octoberfest beer (realize that it might not always be available), but there are multiple choices from pale to dark. I found that our waitress was an excellent source for suggestions.

Date of visit: October 2017