All reviews b bs breakfast was delicious bed and breakfast star trek window treatments restored victorian beautiful china turn down service southern hospitality hay house downtown macon biscuits room was large long drive next morning definitely stay here again a great stay
Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

The owner Don is very kind, helpful, and happy to give tours of the mansion and share its history.

The mansion is decorated with period pieces and it is like walking back in time.

Great relaxing atmosphere.

The only thing I would say could be better is breakfast options.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mbnga, Owner at Burke Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2016

I am sorry that our "Gluten Free" menus limited options. We are always looking for more items for our guest requesting "Gluten Free" . Besides "Gluten Free" Belgian waffles, toast, Granola, cereal, fresh fruit, chicken sausage, whole hog sausage, applewood bacon, eggs any style , we have added "Gluten Free pancakes. We will continue to add for our "Gluten Free Guest"

Burke Mansion

Reviewed 13 October 2016

As we walked up to the B and B, I was extremely worried as the exterior is in very poor repair. My husband and I looked at each other as tho to say...what will we do now?(end of that story is that they are on the list next for complete outdoor redo) And then the door open and it was like Alice in Wonderland. UNBELIEVABLE and lavish. I have been to easily more than 100 B and Bs and this rates as one of the top decorated/collected I have seen worldwide. Antique working elevator. Only suggestion might be , the owners is very pleasant but a bit more quiet/private time for guests would be good. Chocolates on bed, hand written note of welcome...etc I could go on.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

Magnificent B&B. Owner is incredibly knowledgeable about Macon and the history of the mansion. Accommodations are beautiful. If you are driving through Macon it is worth stopping. Very accommodating for my broken foot. Elevator is over 100 years old and is still working.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Burke Mansion is a beautiful mansion centrally located a few blocks from downtown Macon. The interior is gorgeously furnished with antiques and the bedrooms are large and wonderfully decorated. The hosts not only made a delicious breakfast but also served a nice afternoon cheese plate and an evening snack. I highly recommend a stay at this property.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2016

We were very impressed by the interior decoration of the "Burke Mansion". The room superbly furnished. I admire Don and Pino and how to keep the house in high-gloss, and the two do everything alone, super! Don may very well about the history of family Burke tell, very interesting. And it can also be very many good tips for restaurant and city of Macon. Many thanks

Room tip: All rooms sensationel
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple