“Great diving”
Review of Dive Gizo

Dive Gizo
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Gizo
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive Gizo is a PADI dive facility offering world class diving on healthy warm water reefs, pinnicles and wrecks. Non diving guests can also enjoy WW11 and village cultural tours, snorkeling, surf and fishing trips. We also offer accommodation packages.
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

We spent 3 days diving with dive Gizo. We dived off islands, sharp dropoffs and the Toa Maru shipwreck. All dives were interesting and different. The viability was good with heaps of fish, coral etc. The water was around 30c so no need for anything more than a rashie.
The dive staff were excellent and as we had different levels of experience they made sure we were all comfortable checking on each of us.
The boats are well equipped and carry all safety equipment.
A big thank you to Jade, Rueben, Greg Samea and all the staff

in 20 reviews
"danny"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 4 November 2017

After quite a bit of searching online for tours and things to do at Ghizo, which was a stop on our recent P&O cruise, I found Dive Gizo. I emailed Kerrie and received a quick reply and after a few emails back and forth we booked to go snorkeling at Njari Island. Upon arriving on the ships tender we were met by Danny, the owner with wife Kerrie at the dock and boarded a small boat which took us around to their dive shop a couple of minutes away. After checking everyone's details we boarded another small boat and headed off to Njari Island. This island is unreal, beautiful beach and water and marine life incredible, so many fish you didn't know where to look. We snorkeled the whole time we were there, other than a quick feed for lunch, before heading back to Ghizo in the afternoon. More than happy to recommend Danny and Kerrie at Dive Gizo and Njari Island.

1  Thank Jason G
Reviewed 31 October 2017

Dont hesitate to book with Danny Kennedy if you are wondering what you are going to do on Gizo island when you have a day there from a cruise ship. We didn't book but were lucky and saw Danny as soon as we got off the ship and he couldn't have been more helpful. We went by boat about 30mins to a little uninhabited island and did some amazing snorkeling with lots of colourful fish and coral there. Then was served a delicious lunch bbq fish, veges and fresh sweet fruit. Then back in for more snorkeling till we had had enough. Then back in boat to gizo island. It was a perfect day and still plenty of time to check out the markets and little stalls for a momento before boarding the ship. Thanks for a unforgettable day!!!

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

We spent 4 days in Gizo mainly diving. After not so fortunate attempt to dive in Munda we decided to move to Gizo and it was definietely a good idea. Kerrie and Danny from Dive Gizo welcomed us and made a great 3 day program for us inluding Tao Maru wreck and lunch breaks on the fabulous secluded paradise islands. We had all the luxury to dive with only two of us and the guide.
Absolutelly recommended- safe and very professional organisation.

1  Thank AnitaBielsko
See more reviews
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful time we had diving through Dive Gizo. Thank you to our Dive Masters Reuben and Bradley. Special thanks to Reuben for finding my Go Pro whilst diving on the Hell Cat when it came off my wrist.

My husband and I did 7 dives. Our experience level was husband Rescue level and me OW with 12 dives under the belt, now 19.

1st day diving somewhere near Naru wall. Loved the big Pots and fans. Easy first dive with great visibility. Lunch break 2 hrs for which Kerri supplied biscuits, Tuna, bread, lettuce leaves esp for me as I needed gluten free. Lovely fresh pineapple and a Cucumber and of course water. Next dive was Naru wall. Lovely dive. Lots of coral. Slowly drifted along. Plenty of time for pics and using my new Go Pro. Our tanks were changed over for us in the lunch break.

2nd day diving, Tao Maru. My first Wreck dive. Really enjoyable dive which finishes puddling around at 5m looking at the top coral and fish for the safety stop. For lunch we went to an island owned by Danny where Bradley cooked up a fresh Red Snapper for lunch along with salad and pineapple. Second dive Grand Central. I personally found this a bit difficult with the current. My husband saw the schools of fish and some black tip sharks. I was too busy hanging on and not close enough so didn't see anything. Bradley the dive master was helpful and tried hard. Too much current for my liking.

3rd day after a day off we did Joe's Wall, Hell Cat and Secret Spot. The vis was a bit against us with The Hell Cat due to windy conditions and chop but got to see it and got a photo. Easy dive in only 10m of water. Joe's Wall and Secret Spot were lovely reef dives. Personally never tire of seeing reef and associated fish.

Had a great experience with these guys. Certainly recommend them.

divegizo, Manager at Dive Gizo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

We are so happy that you were able to visit us at Dive Gizo and enjoyed your time with our local staff who are really our FAMILY. We look forward to your return one day. All the best for the rest of 2017