“Reasonable coffee”
Review of Cafe Neve

Cafe Neve
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: All round Cafe All types of Coffee and meals Breakfast , Lunch , Pies, Pizza, Burgers, Salads Tap Beer, Cider Wine
Reviewed 26 April 2017

We had hot drinks there in the morning. Cappacino was good, if a bit over priced. Chai latte was nice, but too sweet. Service was prompt & the outside tables give a good view of the town's main street.

Received a positive recommendation for their pizzas as a dinner choice, but didn't go for tea.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Stopped in here randomly on my way through Fox Glacier because I needed breakfast/coffee and wifi. Before ordering I asked if there was wifi, to which the man working at the counter told me, yes there is with purchase but with a limit. Assuming the limit would be much higher than I needed to do a quick 10 minutes of emails/internet, I decided to stay. Well, I left having had very mediocre only breakfast, which was a "cheese and bacon scone" - pretty sure it was ham as the meat and tasted like it must have been several days old. But I ate it anyways because I was waiting for my coffee and trying to use the wifi, which shut off after about 5 minutes of internet browsing because I had apparently reached my limit. By that time my coffee still had not come, which luckily the server realized and offered to give me to go. Instead I opted for a refund (he was nice about it and apologized). After leaving, I realized other spots in town were much busier and I can understand why.

4  Thank Carrie W
Reviewed 15 April 2017

Chosen at random this was a poor choice, the staff appeared bored and disinterested and the menu looked old and tired. The whole place needed a clean, the toilets were dirty and poorly kept. We had hot chocolates and shared a muffin, they were no better or worse than others we have had, I can think of no reason to return to this place.

Date of visit: March 2017
2  Thank SuandChris
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I chose to have breakfast at this cafe. I chose the neve breakfast which includes sausages, hash browns, bacon, eggs, mushrooms and toast. I ordered chai latte to go with that. The only thing I liked was the bacon. The eggs were over done and chewy, the mushrooms were not to write home about! The sausages were tasteless, the toast was minimally battered!! It was a horrible mess for $21. The chai latte was just ok. That to me was a wasted $21. Never again!!!

4  Thank Ivy444
Reviewed 7 April 2017

My husband had fish and chips and his meal looked lovely and very generous, I had chicken Caesar salad and that was very disappointing, look a lot on your plate but it was all lettuce, so much of it, hardly any chicken or bacon pieces or croutons, definitely not worthy the money , it was served with a poached egg on top but that was stone cold, so could not eat that, the lady that served us was very nice, but I thought that the young,men doing the cooking could have been a bit smarter, put me off slightly, nice guys though, I wish I had, had the fish and chips,