My cousin and I were traveling and stumbled upon this gem. Because of our budget, our price per night could usually only afford slum-y hostels , noisy hostels, or dorm rooms with 6 beds >< This place was a DREAM. With the same money we were able to have a little room all to all ourselves that resembled a cozy winter log cabin. Everything is so well thought out, we even had towel heating racks in our room. The place is so well maintained, and I love their dining area too. THEIR FOOD IS GREAT!! I ordered chocolate cake and BBQ Chicken pizza from their kitchen and it was amazing. The view is great too. This place has every right to charge an arm and a leg but they don't! It's because they are nice people and NOT greedy. It was my favorite place to stay during my ENTIRE trip in NZ and I went to both north and south island for 3 weeks. The staff are so nice, and I love the manage Wayne. My cousin and I came in late to check in once and we got there while the kitchen was closing. They lady in the front was so sweet and said "Don't worry, we don't want you to go hungry! The chefs can make you something if it's a quick fix." Most other places would have been like " sorry we're closed, too bad." But not these awesome guys. I wish I could live in Skotel my whole trip lol. Every hotel should aspire to be like them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Skotel was established in the early 60s by a group of keen skiers who wanted the convenience of accommodation close to the ski-fields but more comfort than the ski lodges of that time. In 1986 it underwent a major expansion with the addition of restaurant, bar and other facilities. The old part of the building became the backpacker’s wing. Skotel has maintained its friendly informal atmosphere but now provides Qualmark three star accommodation and the exciting cuisine experiences of our new dinner menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Expedia APAC, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Skotel Alpine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Skotel Alpine Hotel Whakapapa Village
- Holiday Inn Tongariro National Park