Having arrived we were seated in a side room from the main lounge. Our table was in front of a lovely arched window with beautiful views of the mountains.
Our orders were taken from an extensive tea menu- Coffee is slso available. Our high tea selection arrived. Great selection of both savoury & sweet. Took us an hour to work our way through.
Pluses- the nostalgic decor, the selections.
Pianist and waiter/waitress attentive.
Minuses- The wobbly table and wobbly plate our high tea selections were on,
Rather grubby windows heavy with cobwebs.
Some of sandwiches had definitely been made much earlier in the day ,bread was a little hard.
We also didnt get the entire selection as stated on the menu.
Definitely value for money though, we had a lovely afternoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything we do at the Chateau Tongariro Hotel we believe in providing you with a timeless elegance. We believe that preserving tradition and history is most important and as the hotel is located within a dual World Heritage National Park, conservation and culture are also at the forefront of your experience. Tongariro National Park provides a stunning natural playground bursting with diverse landscapes for visitors to the Chateau Tongariro to discover. Chateau Tongariro provides accommodation, restaurants, bars and conference facilities and is an all-seasons, utterly timeless experience not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Chateau Tongariro Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Chateau Tongariro Hotel Tongariro National Park
- Bayview Chateau Tongariro National Park