“Great coffee and meal after hike”

THE FAT COW Food Co.
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Timboon
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Fat Cow is a relaxed café, food store and catering business, located in the picturesque town of Timboon. It has established itself as a meeting place for locals and tourists alike. The ethos of the food is simple – it’s wholesome, it’s fresh and it’s all made here! We pride ourselves on only using quality ingredients and food items are cooked daily on the premises. Our breakfast and lunch menus list the favourites, such as the Fat Cow pies, vegie frittata and burgers, whilst our ever-changing specials board lists seasonal offerings and modern flavour combinations. Timboon is a vibrant community with a diverse range of local producers and quality food. We do our best to support the local community and where possible, we offer our customers organic, free range, sustainable and locally sourced food products. Whilst exploring the region of Timboon and the 12 Apostles Gourmet Trail, be sure to pop in to the Fat Cow and say Hi!
Reviewed 27 January 2019

Timboon was recommended to us as one of the most see towns in the Otway Ranges and a good pit stop after a hike. The fat cow was great; quick with friendly service. We desperately needed coffee to jolt us awake after our hike, couldn't have hoped for better. Lunch was spanakopita and a beef curry, both very tasty and hit the spot. Seems like a popular place for travellers and locals, can see why.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank sophie s

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

Food was full of flavour and coffe was good! Definitely recommend this place, bit pricey but still good!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Went for lunch with my wife last Monday. Cosy place with a good menu, coffee was lovely, service was quick, and the burgers we both had were lovely with the hand cut chips. Will be back

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 2 September 2018

It was raining and it was cold .... My friend's Deli next door wasn't open till 10 am SO I went in to this delightful Hostelry for Breakfast . Staff were lovely , Coffee was lovely .... Scrambled Eggs on toast were brilliant .... and for a change they arrived on top of the Toast . SO many Cafes advertise 'Scrambled Eggs on Toast' and the Eggs arrive arrive alongside the Toast SO why don't they have it printed in their Menu's 'Scrambled Eggs Alongside Toast' Bah ... My Eggs were bang on the top of the Toasted Sourdough ... Not two eggs either ..... three and I can't help myself I always add-on Mushrooms - they were FAB ! It was lovely and warm inside , I had been cold BUT I wasn't anymore , I had been hungry BUT I wasn't anymore , I was tired -having driven down from Broken Hill- after two Coffees I wasn't tired anymore . Keep up the good work .... thank you for looking after me x

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Great, friendly, funny staff. Great foods do great laughs. Lovely gluten free options.
Definitely well worth the visit.

Date of visit: August 2018