“Vegetarian food”
Review of Mindo"s Leona

Mindo"s Leona
Ranked #24 of 48 Restaurants in Mindo
Reviewed 22 February 2015

This seems like the only vegetarian restaurant in town. The food was good, but much more expensive than other options. There was a smoking area out front and we were getting smoked out while we ate. The owners were friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed 3 February 2015

The restaurant was good and the owners are quite friendly. It is located right on the main street so it is easy to find. It isn't a bargain (for Ecuador), but they do have good vegetarian eats. Entrees cost between $6 and $9.

Reviewed 30 January 2015

Came here for dinner - I had the quesadilla and my friend had the chickpea burger. Both were filling but not overwhelming portions and it was very hearty and tasty food and the fries were very good. The place is a little quirky but has a nice warm atmosphere and the staff are friendly. We were here on a Saturday night and they also served canelazo - local warm alcoholic beverage made of naranjilla juice and cinnamon - yum!

Reviewed 26 November 2014

Had the vego burger and chips ( AKA "fries" ) with a fresh fruit juice. All delicious and freshly made. This is not "fast food" - so expect to wait some time even if your order is first on the list for the staff.

Reviewed 22 November 2014

Vegetarian comfort food is pretty much spot on. I ordered the felafel sandwhich thinking I wasn´t hungry enough for a burger, but this it was massive! And rather deceptively, a wrap rather than a sandwich. But it was fresh and delicous and I came back the next night (despite not actually being a vegetarian). I came here by myself initially and returned with friends, its also a really nice place to chill out awith some drinks.

My friends ordered some shakes, which tasted funny. We asked the guy serving who said the milk was from the farm so we probably weren´t used to the taste of it. But we later asked the lady who works there and after trying she confirmed the milk was off, oops! They were very apologetic and replaced the drinks.

You can also buy locally brewed beer.