“A good place for dinner”

Waterfront Grille at 36 Homer's Wharf
Ranked #12 of 265 Restaurants in New Bedford
Price range: USD 12 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Waterfront Grille is New Bedford's premiere waterfront dining destination. Our menu is centers around the freshest local seafood around along with vegetarian and non-seafood options to satisfy everyone's cravings. We offer lunch and dinner on the water's edge and only minutes from the downtown area. With ample parking and seating, Waterfront Grille offers the ideal atmosphere for all of your dining experiences ranging from an intimate dinner for two to an all out party for 100 or more! Reservations are accepted for parties of five or more, and call-ahead seating is recommended for groups of all sizes.
Reviewed 22 June 2016

We ate a lovely seafood dinner at the Waterfront Grille, including excellent oysters and some other delicious seafood. The prices are quite reasonable and the service very good.

Reviewed 21 June 2016

Fantastic! Sunday afternoon by the water in New Bedford couldn't be any better. Cold beer, great appetizers, excellent entres, good service, a a view that can't be beat. Fresh seafood, prepared in a tasty, original way. The marinated beef was an unexpected surprise in a seafood place. Shrimp Scampi deeeevine, Swordfish steak fresh off the boat, with crispy fries. The atmosphere is relaxing and refreshing. Seating right on the wharf. Friendly waitstaff. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

Had a great date night here. Wonderful views. Great service. Good menu with good prices. Food was amazing. It is a new favorite!

Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

I had never been to the Waterfront Grille before but my wife had and suggested it for a Sunday evening dinner and as the weather was nice we thought we'd try it.

This is a popular place as we found out having to wait 45 minutes for a table. When we did get a table we had a nice view of the harbour although it's not what I would call picturesque as it's nearly all trawlers and scallop boats, which isn't surprising considering that New Bedford has the biggest fishing fleet.

Service was cordial if a little hap hazard at first - there was a large private party that night so most staff were busy with that.

There is a good wine list with wines from both Americas plus Australia and New Zealand, which was my choice to go with the Mussels we had first, excellent flavour and quality. Following that I had a nice piece of Haddock on a bed of sucatash and a creamy white wine sauce.

The dessert menu was very tempting but I was too full from my other courses.

Overall, I was impressed with the atmosphere and quality of the food.

I understand it gets even nicer in high Summer when they open up the outdoor raw bar.

Nice place, would have given it a 10 if it was in a better position.

Reviewed 8 June 2016

I love this place. I travel to New Bedford every year for my annual fishing trip. The bar tender is just fabulous. I didn't get her name but if you ever go here you will pick her out of the crowd. She is awesome. The food is very good I have never had a bad meal in this place. My USMC buddies meet here every year and this is the resturant of choice. Dont worry about the wait. Order a drink enjoy the view because it is worth it.