All reviews infinity pool food truck market kitchen water slides whale's tale roy yamaguchi escape room departure lounge wailea beach platinum member premium ocean view room ocean front island gourmet bar and grill walking path super fun kid pool
Reviewed 18 April 2018

This hotel is so beautiful. The lobby is just jaw dropping and your welcomed by the most warm and friendly staff members. I was really impressed that EVERY guest receives a warm welcome, a lei and a glass of juice or bubbly! The Marriott has a leg up hands down on the other hotels around. Especially since the hoopla around town was that the Grand Wailea sold for $1 billion and had a ton of press. If you are trying to decide bewteen the Grand Wailea and the Marriott, no hesitation, pick the Marriott. Its just awesome. The pools are dotted all over the hotel. If you have kids, you will spend your time at the kids pool with the water slide and grottoes. We rented snorkel gear, on property and the staff when WELL OUT of their way to help me find 4 sets for our family. Even going as far as calling my cell phone when they located a new mask for my 9 year old. Snorkeling off the beach was magical and really nice that we could do it as a family right off the beach on property. I booked our Luau on property as well and we had a great time. It was just so easy and laid back. Food was great, their were crafts for the kids to get into and it was a true celebration. There is a full on mall about a parking lots walk away just outside the lobby area and a comfortable walking distance on the tree lined entrance way street to the hotel. We made the mistake of not leaving the property for the first 2 days of our 4 day trip in Maui. Don't make that mistake..the mall has grocery stores, plenty of restaurants, a great coffee shop, a cookie store and ice cream. I bought breakfast items for my crew and we walked over and got lunch a few days. The Marriott does fall short in the food department. The food is overpriced and very "hotel" feeling. We ate at the breakfast buffet - which was just average, they did not have anyone making eggs or omelets so my family was disappointed with that aspect. Walk over to the mall, you can even rent snorkel gear there at half the price. Ruth's Chris Restaurant is our favorite place to eat and it is flag ship joint in the mall. During our stay it was Easter and the place was booked to capacity. It was super busy....my family was split up in two different rooms on two different floors. That part was a bummer. FYI, Hawaii does not let you rent a hotel room for more than 4 people unless it is a suite. We had my mother in law with us which made our group 5 people. That equals double the price for all lodging unless you get a rental house or pay for a suite. That was painful. I booked this trip last minute and I am sure I could have worked out rooms next to each other or a suite but, the hotel was just jammed. At the end of the day, I was happy we were accommodated here. My family truly enjoyed the hotel. The game room was a high point for my son. Video games with groups of kids just his age. Perfect in every way...I really can not wait to return some day.

Room Tip: An ocean view does not mean facing ocean. We had ocean view with particle parking lot and neighboring condo.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank celiatripp
TeamMarriott, Manager at Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott, Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear celiatripp,

Thank you for choosing the Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott, Maui for your accommodation and for sharing your review. It is a pleasure to know you & your family had a great stay with us and were impressed by our beautiful hotel and that you enjoyed the service and amenities we offer. It is also nice to know you our location was convenient for you needs. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Loved It. I'm a Marriott girl and this was above par for expectations. We are a party of two over 60 years of age. Great for couples and families. Great snorkeling in front of resort. Get your snorkel gear from Maui Dive Shop at Shops of Wailea ($10/day) and do self snorkel beach to beach in front of resort. You will see turtles and gorgeous fish.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Liz H
TeamMarriott, Manager at Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott, Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear Liz H,

Thank you for being a loyal Marriott customer and for taking time to evaluate your stay. We are so glad you could enjoy all that our great location has to offer. Steps away from beautiful beaches, shopping, and entertainment, we provide the perfect place for our guests to explore Wailea. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon to the Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott, Maui!

Reviewed 18 April 2018

This is our third time to Maui, specifically the Wailea area. The other two times we stayed at the Kea Lani and the Grand Wailea. Upon booking our trip, the Kea Lani was our favorite place to stay.....until our arrival at the Wailea Beach Resort. We booked an 8 day vacation at the hotel using Marriott Points. I wasn't hopeful that we would get a room upgrade because it was a busy week, however upon check-in, the front desk spent over twenty minutes scouring their system to find us the perfect room (while apologizing repeatedly that they were keeping us too long....What? you're helping me with this amazing customer service, I'll wait all day!) We got lei's and fresh drinks while we waited and our teenagers loved hanging in the lounge area with all the cool chairs and rope swing.
We used the beautiful and CLEAN locker rooms off the lobby to change while we waited for our rooms to be ready. The first pool we walked down to, which shares space with Kapa Restaurant is a bit underwhelming and I had a slight moment of panic, but if you go down to the next level and venture over to the adult only pool and the kids pool area with the slides, the generic feel of that first pool disappears. In fact, we often set up shop there for the day and had great service because the restaurant was right behind us. We ate at least one meal at all the restaurants they had to offer. Humble Market was my least favorite. The breakfast was meh and super expensive. We utilized the full service Starbucks and the Whale's Tale for breakfast and lunch. Delicious. The line moves slow, but staff would daily come around with huge pieces of banana bread for the guests waiting in line. What wonderful customer service! Kapa was a fun place to grab an afternoon cocktail with my husband and where we all gathered to watch the championship basketball game. It has a relaxed and fun vibe. We got salads at the food truck by the kids pool. It shares a very similar menu as the Whales tale (or maybe even the same) I read a lot about people complaining about the walk to the beaches. Perhaps with little kids it would be a pain, but we have teenagers and it was not a problem. Our room was in Hale 2 on the ground floor and we had a deck that looked out to the smaller of the two beaches. We played in some great waves over there. We would also walk to Wailea Beach and they had exclusive chair service for the Marriott. Two chairs per family which was fine because we weren't there to sunbathe. I am a stickler for cleanliness in a hotel and I will hunt for something to complain about...but I came up empty handed. Customer service was incredible, I'd call the front desk for towels and before I could hang up the phone there was someone at my door (seriously). On a rainy evening we headed over to the game room that has free arcade games and flat screens to play xbox and board games and a pool table. We had a blast and were so pleasantly surprised as most hotel game rooms tend to be out of date, dirty and filled with little kids toys. We drove over to the Kea Lani towards the end of our trip thinking we would have heartbreak over not staying at our favorite hotel, but instead we were elated at all the Marriott has to offer. I highly recommend this hotel. The property is exquisite, there is so much room to spread out throughout the resort and I never felt like the hotel was jam packed. I am looking forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: Hale 2, ground floor.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank gracie299

Dear gracie299,

Thank you for making the Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott, Maui your home away from home. We understand the importance of the details that make up an enjoyable stay and are happy knowing our luxurious style, service, and convenience enhanced your visit with us. We hope to see you and your family again soon!

Reviewed 17 April 2018

I stayed here with my husband during our Maui vacation, and loved every part of the resort. We stayed at Hale 3 which I thought was an amazing location. Our room had a nice view of the adult only pool and the ocean. I also really liked the location of our room, as it was right between the two pools, and not too far from the main lobby/parking lot. The resort property is huge. The pools are very nice, and there's also a kid's adventure pools with water slides which was very cute. There is a gaming room, with lots of different activities inside, and a small movie theater. The resort does not front directly onto the beach, but is a very short walk along a very nice path to the beach area. All of the staff that we encountered were all very nice and friendly as well. We really enjoyed our stay here, and would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jennie L
TeamMarriott, Manager at Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott, Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Jennie L,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott, Maui. We are thrilled we could make your stay perfect with our luxurious style, service, and convenience! Our beautifully redesigned resort welcomes our guests with amazing views of the Pacific. We appreciate all of your kind remarks and look forward to welcoming you both back again soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

#BlinnkPhotography - First, there are so many amazing things that I could highlight during our stay at Wailea Beach Resort in Maui, but I would like to focus on one unassuming event that really was the climax of an amazing family vacation. That event was our photo shoot with Samantha and Blinnk Photography!

Have you ever gone on vacation and said, "Wow, I wish we had a great photographer here to capture all these great moments!". Well, Blinnk Photography was the answer to that quandary. Upon arriving at the hotel, as part of our welcome package, we noticed a promo card from Blinnk Photography and immediately we were intrigued. Setting up the service was a breeze. Zeke, the BP representative, was very responsive to our communication, and very accommodating to our schedule and needs. Upon the day and time of our shoot, we were welcomed with smiles and great attitudes. Samantha our photographer was purely amazing! She has great vision and could see the shots clearly before she took them. She was friendly and direct as to what she was trying to accomplish in the shot. She was personal and engaging, yet distant enough to allow you and your family to be personal.. while capturing the great moments. She always appeared to be in control of what was going on, yet allowed photos to organically unfold. My family and I enjoyed every moment of the shoot. The hardest part was picking the photos for nearly every one perfectly captured the essence of our unforgettable vacation!

Thank you, Samantha and Zeke, for capturing what will forever be an amazing memory!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Paul W

Dear Paul,

Thank you for sharing your great experience at the Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott, Maui. It is a pleasure to know you & your family had you had a wonderful time with us and loved our amazing service. I will share your compliments with Samantha and Zeke, for a job well done. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.