All reviews basketball court full kitchen free breakfast yogurt putting green smart tvs free shuttle breakfast ends make your own waffles studio queen short drive to the beach dishwasher soap grilling area giant jenga every room has a balcony morning breakfast is nice pool
Reviewed 10 April 2018

All i can say is we stayed here for 2 weeks feb-march 2017..... was it that good...yep...
went for 3 weeks feb-march 2018 it was eaven better.. upgraded to ocean/pool view and it was awesome..the Manager,his staff and all the support people are excellent...everyday we walked down to the Luxury ocean front resorts,part of our daily beach/boardwalk routine, and believe me we checked out all of them, and you know what, they got nothing on us staying at the residence inn a 5min walk away...yes they are on the beach but in terms of Cleanliness,room comfort,property decor,pool,access to shops and services,plus we have on site BBQ'S,shuttle service and free breakfast....with the money we saved staying here were planning for 4 weeks next year and if you have never been to Wailea before you don't know what you're missing....this place is GREAT...
sincerely..... the couple from Winnipeg......

Room Tip: higher floors are best
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank debbr0
Reviewed 10 April 2018

We had an AWFUL experience at this hotel and I want to save anyone from dealing with what we had to deal with. This was our final destination on our 14 day trip to Maui. We had driven from Hana that day and were taking our time to get to the hotel. We knew that the check in time was around 3 or 4. We were paying close to $550 a night for this hotel so we were hoping it was going to be amazing. We got to the hotel around 3:15 and our room wasn't quite ready yet. Although disappointed, we knew check in time was at 4 so we grabbed our suits from the car and went by the pool for a bit and grabbed a mai tai. The bartender was pretty blah and unfriendly and it was 4 minutes to happy hour and he didn't honor the price for the mai tai. Whatever. At 4:15 I tried calling so I didn't have to truck back up to deal with the front desk again. She wasn't the most pleasant person to deal with to begin with. No answer so I go back up to a different gal.

The new gal was nicer but the room still wasn't ready. She said it would be about another 30-45 minutes. I mean really? Close to 5:15 and we are going to just be checking in? I mean we are paying $550 to enjoy about 3 hours of a hotel before we have to go to sleep just to get up and go to the airport in the morning. So I go back down and tell my friend. We are so angry at this point. We just want a place to drop our bags off, have some dinner and relax in our room. we look for other hotels because at this point we just want to go somewhere and get out of this OVERPRICED hotel.

My friend went to the front desk and they were completely rude to her and said it is a 72 hour cancellation window and she asks to speak to the manager. The manager would be just a few minutes so she came to get me and we both went up to the waiting room couch. We waited about 10 minutes and asked the gals if the manager would be out soon. She says "Oh. I am sorry. she had to drive the shuttle because we are short staffed.". We proceed to ask if they were planning to tell us this as we were sitting there waiting and they knew that. My friend goes back down. Her 10 year old daughter was in the pool.

Eventually I speak to the manager. Super unapologetic and basically says. "hotel is full. sorry but there is nothing we can do. Your room is ready now". I am super torn because now its after 5 and we are all really tired and changing hotels seems like more work than its worth.

We found a website with a lower price for the same room. The manager ended up honoring the lower price and waiving our parking fee. But the savings ended up being about $30.

We get to the room. Decent room. Air conditioning is not working. The maintenance guy came and said it is working but it is quiet. I said why does the room temperature ready 76 degrees but the ac is turned to 68 degrees and that is as low as it goes. He pretty much said, " It is working. Not much i can do. I will override the thermostat so we can lower it below 68 degrees and hopefully it will get cooler". Then we walked out side and the screen door broke off the hinges.

I mean... WOW. Could it get any worse?

I am sure our situation is not something that happens to everyone and after reading a ton of reviews it seems that we just happened to get a a terrible crew of people working, a slow group of housekeepers, and a broken room ( that was supposedly upgraded) but I caution you to consider other, less expensive options.

Room Tip: Ground level room is loud
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank MirandaF263
HotelManagerRI, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Maui Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Aloha Miranda F,

We are so sorry to hear about this experience! A member of our management team has reached out to you and will be working with you directly. We appreciate your honest feedback and bringing this to our attention. The responsible hotel departments have been notified and we will ensure this was an isolated incident. Please reach out to the hotel directly by calling 808 891 7460 and asking for the Manager on Duty if you wish to share anything further.

Mahalo

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Visiting Maui was one of the best experiences of our lifetime. What made the experience so amazing was the staff at the Marriott Residence INN Wailea

It felt like being around family and they gave us so much care and attention that we did not want to come back.

Right from the time we arrived here, we were made super comfortable. The property is all new and the rooms are super spacious with great views.

Our special thanks to the following folks who made this the most memorable trip

Upon arrival it was Chris, Kaleo and Darius at teh front desk who gave us a warm welcome. Hats off to them for making us feel at home upon arrival.

The staff at food and beverage is so caring. My family and little one enjoyed getting all the attention from Ciara, Adoree, Kim, Kialani, Nodene, and Justin. THey are
so hardworking and committed. A small suggestion- add more staff so that they can find a way to scale.

Aaron and Tom are skilled at making just the perfect drink after sunset ! Amazing talent

Finally, special thanks also to Dora, Grace, and Nenita for keeping our room so fresh and inviting on all the 7 days of our stay.

Room Tip: Central location, awesome facilities
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank meetmahesh
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Second family trip to Maui in 2 years. Both times we stayed at Marriott Residence Wailea. We travelled 24+ hours (from Nova Scotia) and chose this Marriott for a second time based on our excellent experience last year. The hotel is modern and clean with excellent staff. Pool area is extremely well kept and is delightful morning, noon and night. Breakfast is exceptional. Not a beachfront property but water view from pool area is calming. Prime location close to main roadways and easy walking to shops at Wailea. Value for dollar is guaranteed. I travel 70+ nights/year and this property is definitely 1 of my favourites. It's also very family friendly (our kids are 11, 15 & 17). We stayed 7 nights and used the provided bbqs (beautiful Viking bbqs!!) 3 nights ....... the venue for barbequing is excellent. Overall the property is well laid out and runs exceptionally smooth. Both visits we booked excursions with Janae at the Expedia desk (located in main lobby). We contacted her before arriving and thoroughly enjoyed all our excursions. Janae is also very helpful with other Island tips. The complimentary shuttle service (Suite Ride) is also recommended. Go. Relax. Enjoy.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We had the good fortune to arrive a few days early in Maui but we needed last minute accommodations. Scanning the websites Marriott residences stood out

Pros- very clean, very modern, full breakfast included, rooms are spacious, the staff so helpful, you can walk to Wailea shops and many restaurants around monkeypod happy hour literally 5 min walk, lots of pool chairs and space around pool no need to rundown and save, great price for the room

Cons - I can only think of one you have to drive to the beach but they do have a shuttle if you want so really none

We usually rent a condo and this will definitely be a viable alternative!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family