5,088 results
All reviews ko restaurant cafe ciao suite hotel nick's fish market canoe experience adult pool four seasons president's club swim up bar breakfast buffet upper pool living room our honeymoon two sinks ocean view top notch walk in shower
Reviewed 14 January 2017

Basically a private beach, which clears out for sunset even during busy seasons.

Great hotel service for both food and booking excursions.

Obviously overpriced food within the hotel, but that's standard for Maui, especially Wailea.

Best part is probably the 18+yrs pool. Hawaii is a big place for family vacations, so expectedly there are a lot of children around during the summer months...

Breakfast buffet is amazing, so try and get it included when you book.. otherwise it is stupidly expensive.

Nice rooms, but some of the views aren't worth the money.

Rent a car if you want your life to be easy and things (i.e. food) to be cheaper. Anything nearby isn't REALLY nearby, and the hotel car service (free) only takes you so far.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank kas1991
Reviewed 14 January 2017

I have been going to Maui for as long as I can remember and Wailea in my opinion, Wailea is the best part of the island to stay in which is where the Kea Lani is located. The hotel never disappoints. It offers something for everyone. While it is a resort, it is designed in a way where you never fee that it is overcrowded or too noisy. It offers various restaurants by is also within close proximity to my other restaurants in the area should you choose to venture out. There is a private beach area for guests only which offers various water sports activities and there are also private villas which are on the beach should you choose to not stay in the main hotel. Every aspect of this hotel truly makes Maui even more special then it already is. The Kea Lani never disappoints.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank DM2SB
Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Such a beautiful resort! The property and amenities are breathtaking. We absolutely loved our stay here! The staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. The shuttle service to local restaurants was a lovely perk and we made great use of it to get back and forth to dinner. Because of that service we were able to fully experience the many excellent restaurants in the area. Will definitely return: A++ service!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
TheFairmontKeaLani, Director of Operations at Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

Aloha Andrea! I am absolutely thrilled to learn that you loved your stay with us, and found our staff to be excellent, the resort beautiful and enjoyed all of the amenities, including our courtesy car service. We are honored by your kind words and appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort again in the future.

Reviewed 13 January 2017

My wife and I got married at a Fairmont and a year later we chose to visit a different Fairmont. Great food, great rooms, great staff, and especially Patty Scofield with the concierge service. She was extremely helpful in booking all my golf and the activities for my wife and I.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Dere2000

Aloha Dere200, and thank you for staying at the Fairmont Kea Lani for your one year wedding anniversary! It's wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate your kind compliments of Patty from the concierge team. Your feedback will be shared and celebrated with the entire team. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 January 2017

The Fairmont Kea Lani is clearly doing something right. The whole property has a happy, relaxed, yet still high-end vibe. I recently heard of people coming back from the adjacent Four Seasons and the new Montage and being disappointed, because they paid a fortune and the staff was uber snooty and they got nickled and dimed for everything. Definitely not our experience at the Fairmont Kea Lani. Our family of 4 (two older teens) stayed here for 6 nights over the holidays and felt so blessed. We booked a 2-bedroom villa, which I recommend. All of the rooms at this Fairmont are suites but the villas have full kitchens and are two stories high. The fridge was stocked and restocked with local juices, and we were even greeted with a small bottle of vodka and welcome fruit basket when we first arrived at our villa. Bottled water was free and plentiful, and excellent sun screen was provided in our villa and at the pool, for free. More than anything, I thought I was going to lose it if I saw one more whale spout or tail flip from my villa's front patio as I enjoyed my cups of Nespresso cappucino from my villa kitchen, generously restocked each day. I also enjoyed watching the tiki torches being lit on the ocean right in front of our room every evening, while a Hawaiian-costumed man blew the conch to signal the start of the evening. I didn't care too much for the photographers and honeymoon couples' dinner that was booked more than one night at the view point in front of our villa, but at least they were usually quiet, it being quite a romantic spot. For this reason, I would recommend the villas at the more northern portion of the property (Villas 1-14 for the ocean front villas). Those villas will have better views, be more quiet and nobody will eat dinner in front of your patio. As far as the property overall, there were many families staying at the resort over the holidays yet we never felt like the property was too crowded. There were plenty of pool chairs and places to eat. The Spa staff is first rate so definitely try to make time for a service there if you can. My son and I booked the Kea Lani Signature Massage and it was well worth the price. I also wanted to make one particular shout-out to the Concierge ladies of the Kea Lani. I emailed/called/bugged them for weeks before our visit, asking about restaurants, local sites and other activities. Each gal was patient and helpful and friendly with me, and all of their recommendations ended up being great. I wondered why we kept getting the best table in each off-property restaurant we dined at, since we always seem to get the worst table (usually by the kitchen or bathroom). It finally dawned on me that it was because we made the reservation through the hotel. Those ladies have clout! We also ziplined and snorkeled, both at the suggestion of the concierage ladies. We ziplined over waterfalls and swam with sea turles -- absolutely fabulous. When I took a minute before our departure to tell the concierge gals how pleased I was with all of their recommendations, all four of them stopped what they were doing, looked up at me and gave me a huge smile. In a nutshell, that's the Kea Lani.

Room Tip: Ocean front villas have no A/C noise but choose the ones at the more northern part of the property for the most privacy and best views
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank eileenmh39

Aloha eileenmh39 and thank you for spending your holiday vacation at the Fairmont Kea Lani. I truly enjoyed reading how your stay surpassed your expectations and that you especially enjoyed your ocean front villa experience with all the wonderful amenities, the high quality of service from our friendly concierge team, as well as the massage you and your son experienced in our Willow Stream Spa. We appreciate you taking the time to share your review and certainly hope to welcome you back to our resort again soon.