5,863 results
All reviews serenity pool our honeymoon top notch club level lobby lounge ice water ping pong worth every penny main pool cold towels ocean view waiting list pineapple outrigger canoe pool staff adult pool impeccable service
Reviewed 12 August 2010

We stayed a week in Maui with our sons, 18 and 22, who both just graduated ... so it's a transition time. We found the Four Seasons just about perfect for our varied needs. My husband and I liked to get up early to snorkel or take yoga on the beach, while the boys slept in. Our sons like to run on the treadmills, play tennis, and play bridge with us in our rooms. One night we played ping pong, shuffleboard (disk on a table type), foose ball, etc for fun in the lovely games room. We liked the free car service to local restaurants. Prices for lunch were too high in my opinion at the Four Seasons, but the meal for my husband and me at Spago's was one of the best of our lives. We don't really enjoy being "waited on" too much, so the service at the pool was overkill (pumpkin mini-muffins, jello, sun balm, water) so we spent almost no time there. The waves in the afternoon were surprisingly good for boogey-boarding, for late July/August. We explored the island too and just had a lovely time overall.

1  Thank Norwegian_explorer
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Beautiful hotel and property, great service, lovely beach. Just plain crazy pool rules, especially for that beautiful infinity edge "Serenity Pool" that you see in all the ads for this hotel. Basically, you just plain can't use it.. You have to get in a line at 6:30 am (so the pool staff told me) so that you can sign up for a lounge chair to use within one hour of making this reservation. I'm not talking about a cabana rental, I'm talking about a lounge chair, a place to sit. You can then have the chair all morning and you are allowed to have a one hour break to leave the pool, you get another another two hour break for lunch, and then an additional one hour break in the afternoon. So you can reserve the chair for 8 hours, only use 4 of those 8 hours and no one else can come and sit in your designated chair while you are "on break from the pool". I went one afternoon to find 2/3 of the lounge chairs empty due to a bit of rain but was told that I could not sit down. There was a waiting list for a lounge chair. For $600 a night I was unable to use this pool on any day of a 7-day stay unless I wanted to use it all freakin' day and sign up for a chair at 6:30 am. What a horrible management system. When I complained to the "Pool Manager" I got a box of chocolate and a card that evening. But no lounge chair any subsequent day at the beautiful infinity edge pool overlooking the ocean.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LaConsentida
Reviewed 8 August 2010

We decided to go to Maui for our 5 year anniversary, and after much research, we discovered that The Four Seasons Wailea seemed the most accomodating for families traveling with young kids. We booked our trip months in advance, and both my husband and I called the resort to let them know of our special situation - that it was our anniversary, we were traveling with our 2 1/2 year old daughter, and that I would be 7 months pregnant by the time we got there. We requested that they give us a room that would be close to the elevators so that pregnant me and my toddler would have easier access. When we arrived we found lots of toys, books, and snacks for our toddler, and also a nice bottle of champagne and chocolates for our anniversary. But the one thing they seemed to have overlooked was our request to be close to the elevators, and after consulting the hotel map, we realized that not only were we far from the elevators, we were in the farthest possible room from the elevators. As soon as we realized this we called down to the front desk and asked them for a change of rooms. We were told that since it was a holiday weekend, there wasn't another room available. When I asked them why they didn't inform us of this earlier, they claimed that they did not know I was pregnant or that we requested a room close to the elevators. I suppose that is possible, but since both my husband and I both called, and the hotel noted that we were traveling with a toddler, it seemed suspect that they would not have noted our request for a room closer to the elevators. Some of you reading might be thinking "what's the big deal?" , but for anyone who has ever been pregnant, walking starts to get difficult around the 7th month of your pregnancy, not to mention a 2 1/2 year old also can't walk very far without wanting to be picked up. And all this would have been fine we were were able to leave the room in the morning and not come back to the hotel until the evening, but as anyone with a toddler would tell you, it is nearly impossible to not have to return to the room for something - kid's nap, diapers, snacks, toys, change of clothes, etc. - at least twice during the day. After a while we really dreaded the walk.

The location of our room and the inability of the hotel to change our room is really my only complaint. Other than that the resort was wonderful - the hotel is beautiful, the food was delicious (and yes, pricey), the service was great, particularly around the pool and the ocean. The restaurants were all extremely accomodating towards parents dining with children - every one of them had crayons, toys, and ample highchairs for the kids. The kiddie pool was beautiful, the beach almost felt private and the water was very calm. You can also do light snorkeling right off the beach, there is a small reef about 30 yards from the beach that is teeming with fish and sealife. Our room was surprisingly big, as is our bathroom, and we never heard our neighbors, so great soundproofing! The hotel contracts out for babysitters, but you can get a sitter as late as 4 hours in advance. The Kids for All Seasons children's program and room was great, with lots of fun activities and excursions. The sunset dinners at Farraro's was my favorite part, the wait staff was so accomodating, taking photos after photos of couples and familes against a gorgeous Hawaiian beach sunset. The spa was small but tranquil, and I highly recommend getting a massage in one of their seaside cabanas.

So all in all we had a wonderful time at the Four Seasons Wailea, and I would recommend the hotel to my friends with kids, but caution them to try and confirm a room close to the elevators if at all possible!

1  Thank gemlaa
Reviewed 7 August 2010

For our honeymoon we traveled to Hawaii. We spent half our honeymoon on the island of Kauai, and the other half at the Four Season Maui! By far, our time at the Four Season Maui was the best! We did not want to leave! The guest rooms and service were incredible! We spent our days by the pool enjoying frozen pinapple cocktails! The pool staff was great. The assisted us with our chairs and getting us towels. We enjoyed cucumber slices for our eyes, Evian spritzers, and tastes of pineapple by the pool! In the evening, we enjoyed cocktails and live entertainment in the lobby.
We truely felt as if we were on our honeymoon and enjoyed every minute that we were there!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank klojoy
Reviewed 5 August 2010

What a beautiful vacation!! We stayed 2 weeks on the club level (8th floor). The service that we received was above anything imaginable. They were at our beckon call. My 9 year old son did not want to leave. He spent many days at the Four Season's Kids Club. That was hard for Mom and Dad, we would describe ourselves as over protective. Within a few days we became very comfortable with process and people that ran the camp. (They made each clubber take a swimming test each day. If they passed they gave them a wrist band that allowed them to swim at the pool.)

Here are some things we found to be above and beyond:
1. Concierges on the 8th floor. (Look for Kimberly she was fanstastic)
2. They have a car to takke you anywhere in Wailea. (We never waited more than 5 min's)
3. Pools (WOW)
4. Beach was perfect. (It has a reef right off the beach. My wife had a turtle swin up to her goggles)
5. Food (Great but, very very expensive)
6. Kid Club (Your kids will love it. They do crafts, swim, tour the resort on hunts, have a mini rock wall, show movies (needed down time), will feed lunch (each day they offered a buffet at the pool for kids), computer games,)
7. View - You will see when you arrive.
8. Need a drink at the pool or beach - Watch for them they will be around soon.
9. Always had a chair, umbrella, or cabana. Had to get up by 8 -9 am to get the good ones at the pool.
10. Beach walk - This was nice stroll. Take your camera. You will not believe the sunsets.
11. Trade winds begin about 11 am and blow until 4. It helped on the beach.
12.. The club level had food and drinks available just about anytime you needed them.
13. The club level is pricey, but if you have the means you will not be displeased!

1  Thank Islandforme