5,901 results
All reviews serenity pool our honeymoon top notch club level lobby lounge ice water ping pong worth every penny main pool cold towels poolside service ocean view waiting list pineapple impeccable service outrigger canoe adult pool
Reviewed 2 January 2018

Hotel is always great...bed comfort/quality (which is a staple of FS) were average...not sure if they are at the end of their useful life. Fitness center was really nice...the weight room is a bit crowded w equipment and patrons. Really cool that they had a couple of Peloton bikes for guest use.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Four Seasons
1  Thank JohnP249
Reviewed 30 December 2017

My husband and I revisited the Four Seasons after a twelve year hiatus that happened to be our honeymoon. On our honeymoon we took our 1 year old daughter and spent most of our time in the cabanas drinking mai tais by the kids pool which might explain why I didn't remember the place as clearly as I would have liked. Fast forward to last week. It was simply the most serene and magical place of beauty that I have ever seen. The resort is unrivaled in Wailea and anywhere else. Even in the midst of the holiday season everything was perfect. Our now thirteen year old daughter made friends and enjoyed the game room every night. She played by the pool by day and we snorkeled and paddle boarded to our hearts content. Our room was immaculate. The service was impeccable, friendly and personal. The concierge staff had us all dialed in before we arrived and once there, Madeleine the assistant Resort Manager made sure that we felt at home again. She represents the kind of five star service that makes you feel that you are more than a temporary guest. We have stayed at the Mandarin Oriental in Paris, the Peninsula in Bangkok, the Ritz in Laguna Niguel and honestly none of them have the level of service that made this trip my very favorite and broke my heart that we had to leave. It's worth every penny for the priceless memories. One last shout out to Michelle at the Beachwalk Cafe who always made my morning latte special with our morning chats. And Andrea in the Four Seasons salon gave me a shampoo blow dry that rivaled my favorite blow dry in Paris. This stay at the Four Seasons Wailea was a holiday season like no other, and one I won't ever forget.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank karaturner
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

My expectation was never low because of the crazy room rates over the holiday season, but what they showed was honestly way beyond my anticipation. Every single person we met at whichever places in the resort was extremely friendly and also very professional. All staff was fully ready and willing to do anything guests needed or even before they need. When we checked in our room was all fully set up just as requested. It was just flawless.

One of the many things we were impressed by was the Aloha Suite that they prepared for the guests who want to use pools/ beach before checking in or after checking out. It is a spacious room equipped with lockers, showers, and everything you might need before/ after swimming. We loved it.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank eqdtrd
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We spent several days here with my grown kids during the “Festive Season” of Xmas and if you’re considering coming then there are a couple of things you should know.

First, the staff is as good as any I’ve experienced at any luxury resort, and we’ve been lucky enough to stay at many. In fact, the early draft of this review was 2 stars on account of a check in problem and some surprises (like jockeying for shaded chairs at 7AM). But the longer we stayed the more the patient and attentive staff overshadowed the early frustration.

And we have enjoyed all our meals, whether in Spago, Duo or by the pool.

The pool area is vast and varied and the proximity of the beach and snorkeling is a big plus.

The facility and rooms are nice, but compared to newer Four Seasons, such as Nevas and the Big Island, its a little more like a Palm Beach high rise hotel than cottages and bungalows. Compact with every inch utilized.

The caution is that at “Festive Season” the hotel is fully booked as you’d expect and the compact nature of the facilities becomes problematic. Long wait for breakfast, and wall to wall people.

The most obvious problem is that it’s a hotel where you have to play the “someone needs to get out at 7AM to hold good lounge chairs and shade” game. Not the most relaxing start of the day.

It’s compounded by what appears to be he typical guest at this time of year. “Regulars” from LA who come each holiday. The first problem this causes is factual and logical. They arrive with all the knowledge of how to play the system for getting chairs at the Serenity adult pool, how to reserve them and no doubt get a little more leeway than newbies (I have no hard evidence of this later point, it’s likely and understandable). So you need to know that you will be jumping into the “Chair Game” with far more experienced players. Which means it takes 2-3 days to catch up and in that time you can get easily frustrated.

The second thing you should know is purely a subjective bias of an East Coast person. A substantial portion of the guests (and particularly the regulars) are pulled and tucked LA elite who are self-absorbed to the point of rudeness. (Ie people that may be intentionally smiling or scowling at you or it may be they are permanently pulled into that position). Not all, I’m sure, but enough so that, for example, a group of 10 regulars feel they are entitled to take over a hot tub at the small “quiet pool”, noisily knocking back beers and playing Tesla trivia. Absolutely no regard for the people who rightly thought the quiet pool would be a good place to read, nap or just find peace. And we’re not talking kids, bc age requirement is 21.

I think management tries to keep it quiet but here’s only so much they can do with rude, thoughtless guests. I can’t blame the hotel for the 4 20 something bro’s who decided to play catch with a football over our heads on the beach till we moved to safety. But I do blame their parents who watched from their chairs.

My understanding is that these issues fade quite a bit outside the holiday season. I can’t speak to that.

But as I said, because of the staff we have had a nice time despite these issues, and management has been apologetic. But be aware.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank FiggyDog
Reviewed 29 December 2017

The hotel and it's staff made our stay a very special one. From the personalized check-in, beautifully decorated room, attention to comfort details, excellent food served at our Christmas Party event in the ballroom, and most importantly the very helpful and friendly staff, we really enjoyed our stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple