“Love their breakfast burritos!”
Review of El Tapatio

El Tapatio
Ranked #117 of 182 Restaurants in Centennial
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 July 2015

We stop here once in a while and while the service always seems a bit slow we keep coming back. The menu is huge and includes breakfast all day and tons of seafood and other dishes not found at many places. They also have a bar. I have only been there for breakfast and lunches but the menu intrigues me to go back for some seafood in the evening. One dish that really stands out is the chicken quesadilla. It is huge. It is crispy. It is packed with lots of white meat chicken and plenty of cheese. It comes with pico, guac, and sour cream. I know I said it already but this is huge and very tasty. This weekend the service was much better than usual and my typical breakfast burrito was very good. I ordered a side of hash browns since I was hungry and would suggest them. I kept putting them on my burrito plate as room allowed so they had a little green chili with them.

You have to access them from a side street and do a U turn since you can't get into the parking lot from E Arapahoe Rd. The building used to be a Benigans so it is good size. Give them a try.

Reviewed 5 July 2015

My wife and I went to El Tapatio on the 4th of July, as El Parral next door was closed. Bad mistake. Lackluster (but friendly) service started it off, overpriced Margherita's with wayyy too much mix, and overly salted poorly spiced and again overpriced food made for a really bad lunch experience. Her Chicken Fajita's were just cut up chicken breast, baked or broiled with no spice that was noticeable. My Carne Adobada was acceptable, but only just. Even the roasted Jalapeno on my plate was mild, nearly like a green pepper. No zip at all. Not a place we'll return to.

Reviewed 5 July 2015

I had fajitas and my husband had Carne Adobada. The chicken in the fajitas had not been marinated, just chicken breast grilled. How is that Mexican? The Carne Adobada was acceptable, but nothing special. Everything was excessively salted, as if that would pass for appropriate spicing. We had margaritas, which were typical, and expensive. Gooey sweet and sour syrup, with not enough Heradura. We asked if they made anything special with fresh lime juice, but no. While not the worst Mex we have had, it was overpriced, barely mediocre, and the service, while friendly was pretty lame.

Reviewed 11 May 2015 via mobile

Was one of the worst places I ever tried to eat at. Service was very slow. Took 15 min to get a coke and we were right there at the bar area. Took 20 min to get a beer which was flat and had to change out and then was flat again. Food was so bad and took for ever to get served. Plate was nice and hot but food was cold sent back after two bites. Just awful.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed 6 May 2015 via mobile

The food is good quality so you won't have a bad meal. Nothing here wows you. It's about what you can make a home if you felt like making the mess. The service is disappointing. Not rude but not welcoming either. I have been here twice. Both times forgot our appetizer and cancelled it when the meals came. I always have to ask for refills or extra napkins.