“Good food; unfriendly service”
Review of Diego Zhang's Burger Cafe - CLOSED

Diego Zhang's Burger Cafe
Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

This is a counter service restaurant with a unique and varied menu. Food was good, especially the fries! I wish they would train the counter people to just offer a smile instead of an unenthusiastic effort at taking the order. Both times I have visited, the service was not just unfriendly, but I actually felt as though I was inconveniencing them.

Reviewed 26 August 2015

Unique handmade small burgers with homemade whole wheat or white buns! Great soups and salads also! Love the Thai shrimp burger and blue cheese burger!

Reviewed 2 August 2015

I have been to Diego Zhang's in Southglen many times since it opened. There is a wide selection of burgers of a variety of meats from chicken, beef, buffalo, pork and even salmon and vegetarian. The burgers are a little bigger than sliders, but are very tasty. My favorite is the Genoa - a chicken burger with peppers, mushrooms and pesto. You have a choice of white or wheat buns. Side dishes range from the usual fries to arepas, twice baked potatoes, and a number of soups and salads. It takes a short while for your food to arrive, but the wait is well worth it. Everything is fresh and flavorful. While the burgers are on the small side, the salads and sides are rather large. They also serve breakfast which I have not tried. Beer and wine are available. A lot of cork and bamboo is used throughout the restaurant. I visit several times a month and have never been disappointed in the food.

Reviewed 9 July 2015

We recently met another couple at Diego Zhang's in South Glenn. Although it's a counter-order restaurant, the food is good. I loved the Thai shrimp burger and the spicy chicken burger. I wasn't so fond of the bacon-beef burger as the bacon pieces in the burger don't cook up crisp. The burgers are each about 3 ounces, so two make a big meal in my opinion.

Reviewed 28 June 2015

Located in the Streets at Southglenn, I have wanted to try this burger cafe for a while. So, last week, with out of town company, I did. Meh. It touts a gourmet chef owner, so I wasn't immediately taken aback by the unusually laid out and confusing menu, but I WAS expecting good food. The pint-sized burgers were not worth the wait. And, don't bother to "size up" as the larger burgers are still much too small for the price. They are tough, dry, and come with too little of the other fixings to offset the negatives. The sides were confusing to order as some available weren't clearly listed. I.e. we would have loved to try the twice baked potato (as there are no fries), but it wasn't clearly listed. For a good burger, I'd go somewhere else.