“Lunch break”

El Karajo Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 182 Restaurants in Centennial
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Second time here, enjoy the food and the service was good! We found this place online and decided to give it a try.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I am sad to see this restaurant decline in service and quality of food. When I first started going for dinner on the weekends, the service was great and the food was delicious. The last few times, the wait staff were cold and the food was what my son eats at fast food restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Awesome green chili! Carnitas and shrimp tacos are fabulous! Love the local vibe. Definitely will come back.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Having driven by here many times (off Quincy behind Safeway), I thought it'd just be a tiny hole-in-the-wall. Boy, was i wrong. Though small, the decor is nice and colorful. to my surprise, there was a nice outdoor sitting area, part of which was a bar looking into the restaurant! I sat outside and looked inward. I got very quick and friendly service. I ordered something called Adabado, or something like that. It was lean pork in a red sauce with rice and refried beans.

The food was CLEAN. And I mean that in the sense that the beans weren't runny and the rice wasn't dry. The pork was AMAZING. On a small plate, it wasn't going to overload you and wasn't trying to fill space. The taste was keen, not saturated or overdone. It was definitely worth the affordable price!

The waitress said the owner came from Durango, Mexico, and wanted to offer more authentic Mexican, as compared to the rampant TexMex. He succeeded!

I was more than thoroughly impressed and plan to return very soon!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Have been in the Denver area for about 2 weeks and have finally had a chance to go out and have some Mexican food. Had heard about El Karajo and it was close to where we live so we decided to give it a try. It was a Friday night and the place, which is rather small, was full but not packed. We were seated right away. Our server came over promptly and asked what we wanted to drink as another person brought over warm chips and salsa.

The menu had the typical Mexican fare and I ordered the asada burrito which was smothered in cheese and green chili. My girlfriend had a burrito too, but it had marinated pork and was also smothered in cheese and green chili.

Since we ordered just a burrito we did not get rice or beans. We could have ordered them as a side.

When the plates arrived the burritos looked good. When we started to eat them we changed our minds. First they were luke warm which is not very appetizing. Mine was rather bland and this is after I put on some tabasco. My girlfriend said hers was very salty and only ate about half. For us the best part of the meal was the cold beer.

They had some other items on the menu that may have been better, but I had the burrito and that is the only item I can base my review on.

They do have a full bar and the menu says that they serve breakfast all day. The staff was fast and friendly and was always coming by to check on us.

Unfortunately for us the search continues to find good Mexican food. I may be spoiled based on what I can get in Austin, TX or even back in Chicago, but I know that Denver and the surrounding area will have really good Mexican food....El Karajo is just not the place to find it.

Date of visit: July 2017