We stayed at the Dunlop recently and it was a nice relaxing weekend. My grandparents live just up the road so it's an easy trip back and forth from their house to the motel.
* The rooms are spacious and kept very clean
* The staff is friendly
* There is a picnic area outside and the grounds are well kept
* There was a mini fridge in the room
* Quiet and relaxing
* The dunlop looks like it was built in the 60's and I believe the same furniture is still there
* The tv was old and when I mean old, I mean that it has knobs on the front of the tv for changing the channels...
* They claim to have wireless internet but the connection wasn't that good... I'd connect for a minute or two and then it would drop
* Double beds are a little small for two adults (although I slept like a baby, my parents did not)
* No pets allowed
Some recommendations to the staff
* Time to upgrade the rooms (new furniture - beds, lamps, table, chairs, desks)
* Update the tv
* Blue toilets have got to go
* Change the flooring (tiles and carpet are old)
* Little things that were missing from the room that makes it feel like home are: microwave, night light and hair dryer
* Test the wireless internet connection in every room
* A little bit of Draino goes a long way!
Overall, the experience was nice. I would recommend my friends to this place. It's quiet and relaxing, just don't expect too much!
Things to do while in Goderich: Farmer's Market (Courthouse Square - Saturdays), Flea Market (Courthouse Square - Sundays), Sunset watching from the salt mine or beach area, Golf, Shopping and don't forget to checkout the lighthouse.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au and Booking.com so you can book your Dunlop Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunlop Hotel Goderich