All reviews mersey river haddock chowder dining room nova scotia green space caesar salad surf turf mini fridge full bath definitely worth a visit outdoor patio wooden floors breakfast was included local beer adirondack chairs coffee maker
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Booked a last minute overnight stay. Was very lucky to find the last available room. The main section of the inn is very old, with quirky halls and lots of nooks and crannies. In my opinion, that is a bonus. Our room was spotless with a view overlooking the patio. The bed was a tad soft, but not uncomfortable, and I slept very well. Lots of towels in the pristine, but small bathroom. The air conditioning was a blessing after the heatwave we have been experiencing. Had breakfast in the dining room. I’ve always liked their menu and have enjoyed lunch and dinner there numerous time. Breakfast was just as good. They have the best sourdough bread/toast. I found the price reasonable for high season prices.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
LanesPrivateerInn, Owner at Lane's Privateer Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Thank you Debbie~. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes indeed, the halls are quirky which adds to the character of this C1798 Privateer's mansion. We are a family business and always striving to maintain and improve the inn each year. Thanks for appreciating what we do and we hope that you will return to see us again.

All the best~
Susan Lane

Reviewed 8 August 2018

We stayed here for three nights and were very happy with our choice. The room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. We ate in the restaurant each night and that was good. After a day's driving it is nice to have a restaurant on site. Breakfast was in with the price and was good. Lane's is in a nice location overlooking the Mersey River, there are pleasant gardens in which to sit and relax.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2018

A friend and I went on our bikes for lunch to Lane's. Superb food and the BEST coconut cream pie I have ever had! Go here folks! I would highly recommend them! The service was friendly, the place is beautiful and the food was excellent. What more can one ask for?

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 17 July 2018

This was a quick overnight stop on our whizz around Nova Scotia and we were so pleased we picked this place. The room was lovely and spacious with a great view of the river. The restaurant was also really nice and we enjoyed a sun filled dinner with a local beer for a very reasonable price. The staff were lovely and so helpful next morning when we had breakfast in the cafe.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nikki317
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I can’t say enough nice things about this place. Our trip over on the ferry from Portland was delayed and we didn’t realize there was another time change so we didn’t even arrive until after midnight. We sent an email as soon as we could to let them know. Although their website clearly says the office is only open until 10:00 we were greeted quickly when we arrived. It’s an older inn but our room was very clean and quite comfortable.

We were given a voucher for our breakfast (I think they felt sorry for us for the hassle we had been through) and we greatly appreciated it. Breakfast was delicious. I had the Privateer breakfast and hubby had the omelette. The homemade brown bread toast was a real treat. Our waitress was a sweetheart and the dining room was interesting. I wish we could have stayed longer and enjoyed a meal on the grapevine covered patio.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple