Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
SleeplessInStJohns
Calgary, Canada

A good value

Review of Harold Hotel
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 July 2016
An older facility, but room was nicely furnished. The hotel restaurant has great home-style meals. Nothing really negative to say about the hotel, it met my expectations for the price and location. Would recommend.
Date of stay: July 2016
Room Tip: The 2-bed room is more spacious.
Trip type: Travelled with family
    76.0 km from Harold Hotel
    Bar/Lounge
    0.8 km from Harold Hotel
    View more hotels in Placentia
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 22 August 2015

Sadly this Hotel is in dire need of a complete overhaul..stains on the carpet, tiny bathroom with a shower you couldn't turn around in, no screen on the window(room smelled)..the bed was clean though.Could be a lovely place with some money pumped into it..c'mon folks - do Placentia a favour and get busy!!!

Room tip: just try somewhere else.
    Date of stay: August 2015
    Reviewed 7 August 2014

Staff very rude.We sat for over 1 hour waiting on food. Watched 3 couples walk out without getting their food. My chicken parmesian was just chicken with TOMATO SOUP on top. No taste. Food TERRIBLE !!!! Long wait on refill of coffee. We had no where else to go. All the other places were full. They knew we had to put up with what they dished out. Kitchen staff very loud. Guests loud & talking in the hall. Kids ran up & down stairs till after midnight. No sleep due to noise inside & kids outside. We got nothing for our money. Room very hot. Sorry they were having a heat wave but that didn't help us. The fan just moved the hot air around. Asked for 2 beds. What a surprise when we got TWIN beds. I have never got that on any hotel,motel or Inn.Spent lots of time walking the parking lot to cool off. Never even showered just got out as soon as possible. Would stay anywhere else when we were to get the ferry. Treated like we were a bother to them no paying customers. Never tried to make things quiet for the other guests.

Room tip: Witless Bay has bedroom,kitchen,living room for same price.Don't take the only place with rooms. Drive on & get treated right
    Date of stay: August 2014
    4  Thank inga j
    Reviewed 20 October 2013

Typical small town budget diner. Quality is fair. Portions are healthy. Staff hit and miss. Nothing notable. OH wait good fish cakes.This 200 character minimum is odd. And without a visible letter counter I have no idea when to finish this ramble ramble. Lets hope that I have done enough ramble ramble to post this post about a diner that does not warrant a 200 letter minimum.

Date of stay: October 2013
    • Trip type: Travelled solo
    4  Thank SteveAdamson62
    Reviewed 24 August 2013

I took a drive from mount pearl to Placentia to get a fresh feed of fish at harolds hotel restaurant But anyhow, while i was cleaning my son before supper my fiance asked our waitress was the fish fresh, the answer was it always is. So i came in sat down. Nice atmosphere if u could drown out the yelling and swearing in the kitchen. Got my meal, looked fab, took a bite and i regret to say that captain high liner lost his job and took refuge at this restaurant. Upset that this was obviously frozen i asked the waitress, when he asked was it fresh your answer was it always is, she said it is fresh... Why its not?? I said no its actually disgusting, spongy and I said you shouldn't tell someone its fresh just to get rid of it and especially if you didn't know.. So after this the rest of our service sucked. Saucy staff.... To the point i was outside after my meal smoking in their designated smoke area of 50 feet when i heard three kitchen staff (whoweresmoking next to the building) say, say something to her, i will.. So i was stood behind this illegally parked van who was parked across the walking entrance to the hotel by my own vehicle, when i was approached by a cook getting into the illegally parked van, saying dont blow up my car with that cigarette.. With a very saucy ignorant tone too, i said as calmly as i could i highly doubt its possible from where i am. Her response was a gas leak, so my response was well i guess you shouldnt have it on the road then and in a walk way at that... The glares and rudeness were enough that i would not recommend the food or staff of the kitchen to anyone. Because i did not like my fish i was treated very poorly and my family were treated poorly as a result of frozen fish. Soooo beware and make sure you enjoy your food haha.. You might get yelled at. We were on our way back from farther out NL it was getting dark we were going to ask for a room but after that we just took our time and drove back to mount pearl in pitch black moose filled highways instead of staying and not knowing what kind of treatment we would get for sleeping there... Oh my, maybe my rant is a little extreme but i always thought that my own kind were polite, honest, and from my point of view i believe when someone is trusting you with their food and their place to sleep, you should receive respect in doing so. But thats the way i would treat a paying customer.

Room tip: This rating is solely on staff of the restaurant and the quality of the food.....
    Date of stay: August 2013
    • Trip type: Travelled with family
    7  Thank jenn w
    Reviewed 21 August 2013

We arrived in Placentia without a room and all the better places were full so we had no choice. It was better than I thought it would be, not great, not terrible. The room was a bit small but not unusually so. The bathroom was clean and recently renovated. The carpet in the room was dirty - why do hotels still have carpet? and the box spring edges were dirty - why not put a cover on it? However, the room didn't smell and was adequate. The hotel restaurant was also ok - not bad, not wonderful but acceptable fish and chips. Would I go there again? Yes, if all the better places were full and I hadn't planned in advance!!

Room tip: Avoid the ground floor. Front rooms are slightly better.
    Date of stay: August 2013