“Not even on a dare”
Review of Scottish Inn Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Natchez
Scottish Inn Motel
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Natchez
Reviewed 8 October 2007

Though I travel a fair amount for my work, and stay at perhaps 50 budget hotels a year, I've never felt compelled to offer a review on the web. Until now. Words cannot begin to capture how truly god awful this place was. It began with a manager who , dressed in only underwear and T shirt behind a bulletproof glass partition, LIED to me that my Expedia booking still required payment on check-in. There were apparently only 3-4 rooms occupied at the 2 story motel, including one that was apparently involved in drug selling-- cars came and went every 10 minutes throughout the night. I was truly afraid for my life, and lay awake much of the night fearing that a thug would knock on my door (or break in) at any moment. Please, please go elsewhere...

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
11  Thank njwestwood

New Orleans, La.
Reviewed 30 May 2006

Was told by a lady working in the visitor center, that this hotel was the only one with rooms available, so we went there and got a room. Much to our surprise, the room was awful. We asked for a non-smoking room, which smelled like an ashtray upon entering the room. The smoke alarm was ripped out of the wall, leaving a hole and wires sticking out;wallapaper falling off wall; no lightbulbs in any of the lamps, including in the bathroom. The floor had a hole in it that was covered up by carpet. We were afraid to step on it, thinking we might fall to the first floor. And the pool, well, it was green and trash floating in it. So we took our belongings, left the key in the room and found another place. I don't see how this place can stay in business, it's trash, but cheap!!

• Stayed: May 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Mississippi
Reviewed 21 July 2004

My husband and I finally got to go on a trip for the first time alone since we married(28 years ago)now that the kids were grown. We had no travel plan,but just drove to different towns site seeing. The first night we spent the night in a fair hotel,the comode would not flush. The second night we stayed in a Scottish Inn after visiting Ruby Falls. We were very tired and paid for our room,I started taking my shower and the longer I stood in the shower the higher the water got. Finally I stopped the shower and the water was still standing in the tub 30 mins later,my poor husband waited awhile longer to see if it might go out,it didn't. Went to watch television,no remote control. Husband went to office and told the desk clerk the problems,she called the owner(this is now 11:00 at night)in about 45 mins he comes to our room,takes a coat hanger and runs in down in the tub,he says he can't fix it. We ask for another room,he told us he couldn't give us another room but if my husband wanted to go into the next room he could take a shower,but to bring towels from our room and not to use the towels in the other room because he might rent it out that night. We finally got a remote(a busted up and taped up)but by the time we did we were both too tired to watch any televison. We both felt as if something was crawling on us all night,we itched and scratched all night. The room had three plug ins,there were none in the bathroom if you wanted to dry your hair,one was next to a closet door and one had a lamp plugged into it and the third on didn't work! The room was very small,looked like a late 1960's bedroom,you couldn't use the comode without scraping your knees on the door while trying to use it. Please don't stop here, drive as fast as you can away from this place. It sits on top of a hill with a steep driveway and you have to put your emergency brake on to park. If we hadn't been so tired we would have never stopped or stayed there!!!

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Nashville, Indiana
Reviewed 19 June 2004

This place is very, very dirty- save your money and just run....

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 March 2003

"Scottish" is misleading. Don't expect a cultural experience. The bedspread was stained, there was hair in the bathroom, and the "renovations" consisted of painting over flaking paint and over the hole left by the formerly-hanging chandelier. Continental breakfast is doughnuts and coffee behind the counter -- you have to ask for it. However, there was a pretty large cable TV in there, and the heat works.

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member