“Pretty good Chinese-American chow”

South China Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 97 Restaurants in Natchez
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in for dinner around 6:30. There were maybe 6 other customers. We looked over the buffet, but decided we weren't that hungry, so we each ordered vegetable egg foo yong off the menu. It was tasty and full of crisply cooked vegetables. The only problem was the quantity; we should have shared one order, perhaps with an extra bowl of rice. As it was, we took half our food back to the hotel for lunch the next day. The total bill, including a generous tip was less than $20.

Reviewed 1 April 2016

After reading the negative reviews on this restaurant I was reluctant to try it but my wife wanted Chinese so we decided to give it a go. The food was very good and the service was fine even though the waitress knew about as much English as I did Chinese, but she was very pleasant and we managed fine. We ordered off the menu and we were both pleased with our meal. They had a buffet, but I'm not a buffet guy so we ordered from the menu, but the buffet looked really good and if we go again I would give it a try. Don't let the bad reviews scare you, this place is OK.

Reviewed 9 November 2015

Three of us ladies in our 60s went in, saw that there was very little on the buffet, and it had obviously sat there awhile. We filled our plates but the food was inedible. We got up to leave, and a man and woman who worked there actually chased us. They locked the door and wouldn't let my friend out. She finally got the restaurant door open and they chased her outside grabbing her arm. The female employee jumped into our car and clamped herself to my friend's leg while the man was banging on the car, trying to get in another door (which I had locked). I started driving away with that crazy woman hanging out my car door. So our experience consisted of inedible food, unlawful detention, physical assault, and attempted carjacking. Good luck, you'll need it.

7  Thank 225jjp123
Reviewed 28 October 2015

Great little Chinese restaurant in Natchez. The only one I think. It looks like a dump from the outside but don't let that fool you. The food is excellent, tasty, and delicious. They have a big buffet but I have not tried it. Not really into buffets but it looks and smells delicious. If you're in the mood for Chinese food and are in Natchez do not hesitate to come here.

1  Thank rosbergs3
Reviewed 21 July 2015 via mobile

It was about 8:15 and the restaurant closes at 9:30 when I went to eat the buffet. The food looked like it had been sitting out all day, probably because it had, but I ate it anyways because I was with family who wanted to eat. The food was cold. It was sitting under a warmer but it was cold. They also charged $10.30 for an adult buffet. It was not worth it. The only reason this place is getting a poor evaluation instead of a terrible one is because they had ice cream, good watermelon, and friendly staff.