“great location, nice rooms!”

Holiday Inn Express Mill Valley San Francisco Area
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Mill Valley
Hudsonville, Michigan
“great location, nice rooms!”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This hotel is in such a great location -- not far from San Francisco, and it is more affordable than the hotels in the city! There is a nice bike and walking trail that runs alongside the hotel. You can take it toward town or out of the city. The location of the hotel is perfect for going on day hikes to the Tennessee River Valley Trail and many other great hikes. After a yummy breakfast, we headed out toward Muir Woods and Point Reyes -- so easy to get to the scenic highway from this hotel! The hotel staff was extremely helpful and everything was perfect. The room was quiet and nice. We enjoyed being on the 2nd floor. Parking is safe and we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rjrjj
LarkspurMV, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mill Valley San Francisco Area, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Thank you very much for taking a few minutes of your time to comment on your stay. It is truly a great location, just a few short miles from San Francisco yet tucked at the entry of Muir Woods and views of Richardson Bay and Mt. Tamalpais. It most definately gives you the abitlity to have access to both tranquility and the livliness of the city life. I do hope that you have an opportunity to come back and visit sometime soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
haugen
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This was a great place to stay. I went last year around this time and I loved it. I was looking at the reviews just now and it made me sad that some people think it was a bad place but it was great. The people at the front desk were great (especially Tom), it was clean, the pool was amazing, i loved the bike trails, and the two restaurants they suggested to us were fabulous. We went to a Mexican and Italian one and they were both great. I also really liked the fitness center and how at this hotel you can really just relax and there is plenty to do. The breakfast was delicious especially because it was so healthy. I would definitely reccommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in a great hotel.

Room Tip: any room is good but the 1st floor rooms only have a patio and the 2nd floor has a balcony.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
LarkspurMV, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mill Valley San Francisco Area, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Thank you so much! Wow, a year later and your stay with us still resonates with you. That's fantastic. Certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. It's true, once in a while you get a negative comment here and there, but on balance, we have far more positve feedback than negative. I guess there is always somebody who woke up on the wrong side of the bed! We do our best to exceed everyone's expectations and we do occassionally have a hiccup. We quickly recover and return to the excellent standards that we work very hard to maintain. Thanks again, and hopefully we get to cross paths again should your travel plans bring you back to the beautiful Marin locale.
Pinole
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We had a great time here. It was for a quick get away and they made it so enjoyable. The complementary bikes to use are well maintained, you are given a map of the area to explore. The hotel staff is very pleasant and the bed is extremely comfortable. This is a place that will go in our "want to come back to file"

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
LarkspurMV, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mill Valley San Francisco Area, responded to this review, 25 March 2012
Thank you for taking a few moments to comment on your stay. Sounds like you had a wonderful time and took full advantage of the terrific amenities we offer. I will pass on your thoughtful comments to our very accommodating staff. Always a pleasure to share positive comments. Hope to see you again in the future should your travel plans bring you to beautiful southern Marin.
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Stayed here on business and was very impressed with the pleasant staff and cleanliness. Obviously the hotel had been renovated and they did a fine job, although there was a definite sense of it being older. The bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was satisfying. I found the in room wifi to be very slow but overall it was a great stay. The restaurant outside is very good too!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking a few moments to comment about your stay. My apologies that the wifi was a bit slow. Though we are at capacity speeds, we sometimes experience slower connectivity due to our geographic area. Our signal comes from atop Mt. Tamalpais! Our business center is also another source for internet use. Always open and of course no charge. Thanks again for your thoughts as we use this information to constantly improve our product. Hope to see you again soon!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here last weekend. The whole place looked like it was renovated as cheaply as possible. The hallways had a mildew smell and the rooms had a 'cheap motel' feel to them. I wouldn't have bothered leaving a review, but our experience was so bad I felt compelled to. I had specifically requested a quiet room because my wife and I really needed restful away from our kids. We were placed in a room overlooking the pool even though I reserved a mountain view room. It was fine except for the fact that we were woken up at 2am by two young couples swimming, jumping, yelling, and laughing. I figured the management would put a stop to it quickly and tried to go back to sleep. A half hour later after we were fully awake and about to call the front desk the couples finally left. We were also awakened at 7am by a guest in an adjacent room talking on the phone. Do not come here if you want to sleep! What makes matters worse is that the lady at the front desk knowingly put us in an inferior room even though there were others available. I followed up the next day with an email to the manager and didn't even receive a reply. Absolutely terrible customer service. I will never be back to this sleazy motel and will tell everyone I know to stay away.

Room Tip: Don't stay by the pool! Don't stay here if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jeff V
LarkspurMV, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mill Valley San Francisco Area, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Dear Mr. Jeff V,

I am genuinely so sorry to read of your poor experience at our hotel. We host thousands of very happy guests and once in a while you get a few folks who are not very thoughtful in regards to other guests. A sleepless night is never pleasant and I am sorry. Our overnight front desk Guest Service agent did approach those late night swimmers and asked them to vacate the area, unfortunately they disregarded the pool rules.
After doing some initial investigating I was advised that our front office manager did try to reach you to discuss your concerns, however, there was no answer in your room. Additionally, at check in you were actually upgraded to a premium room as a professional courtesy.
Should you consider our hotel again, please reach out to me personally as I would like to show you our true hospitality.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mill Valley
5.7 km away
Marin Suites Hotel
Marin Suites Hotel
#2 of 3 in Corte Madera

Been to Holiday Inn Express Mill Valley San Francisco Area? Share your experiences!