All reviews teddy bear big screen tv golden retriever great location mt rushmore freshly baked muffins presidential museum cozy hotel gave great game room with pool room was clean zip line great hotel to stay evening light show enjoyed staying here handicapped room tourist town
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Really nice hotel. Very friendly staff. Surprisingly full in the offseason. Only issue was the pipes were loud whenever water was run above us. They were still getting it ready for the busy season but we would be happy to stay there again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Al L, General Manager at Roosevelt Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for your nice review. Thanks for the awesome compliment, a very nice hotel and you would be happy to stay here again. I am sorry about the noise you spoke of. I will have our maintenance look into that and see how we can address that. I am glad to know your stay went well. Thanks for choosing the Roosevelt Inn and please stop by again soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in March. After online research, we had a trip planned. Unfortunately this time of year nothing was open for food so we traveled to Rapid City for dinners. The hotel was nice, clean, friendly staff, and safe. I would recommended this hotel on its own, especially to be close to Mount Rushmore & such...but if you're planning on coming during "closed season" might as well stay in Rapid City and make the drive to Mount Rushmore & Crazy Horse, etc. for the day.

1  Thank Slhoran
Al L, General Manager at Roosevelt Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thank you for the awesome review. Although I agree you have fewer choices in the off season, there are places to eat closer then Rapid City (30 min) such as Barleys, Alpine Inn (Hill City) and The Gas Light (Rockerville) and the slower pace is enjoyed by many. I appreciate you found the hotel nice and clean, with our top ranked staff a hit, and the hotel safe. I do appreciate your visit and I hope if back in the Black Hills you will please stay again.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel is the place to stay if visiting Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Reptile Gardens, Bear Country, Custer State Park and all other attractions in the Black Hills.

Very clean and the staff super friendly!! Location, Location!!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thanks for the great review. I am happy to know you enjoyed the location just minutes from all the great locations. Our staff is super friendly and the love taking good care of our valued guests. Lastly, I am glad you found the room clean. We appreciate your recommendation of being the place to stay in the Black Hills and we hope you return in the near future. Thank you.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

The Roosevelt was the best hotel we could've stayed in. They were helpful and the hotel was always clean and pretty. The room was terrific with the balcony where you could see all of Keystone. It was great and when we visit again, we will stay there then too.

Room tip: The king room with the couch and balcony was great and plenty of room for my husband and the dog.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Al L, General Manager at Roosevelt Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review. We thank you for staying with us and for all your kind thoughts. We, in my opinion have the best staff around. With our recent renovations we feel our rooms are great. I am so happy to hear your stay was fun and you had a great time. We would love to see you again.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed 2nights here on our visit to Mt.Rushmore and Custar Park.
Gorgeous little hotel with beautiful big rooms, friendly staff, clean, well preserved and maintained, parking provided.
The hotel is 10min drive from Mount Rushmore and is surrounded with a great variety of shops and restaurants.
There’s a Presidential Wax museum just across the street and is absolutely worth visiting.
Would definitely recommend this little gem of a hotel to everyone staying in Keystone.
We had a very pleasant stay!
Special thanks to the amazing young set of staff who were working there Oct/2017. They were knowledgeable about Keystone and gave us some very good tips for the surrounding area.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maya1306
Al L, General Manager at Roosevelt Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Thanks for your review. Gem of a hotel, what a nice compliment. Great to hear that my staff exceeded expectations, they are the best. I am also pleased you found our rooms clean, large and comfortable, and well maintained. We are finishing renovations for 2018 and are excited for the new season. Thanks for staying with us and come back soon.