“Nice Hotel, Friendly Staff”

Rushmore Express Inn & Family Suites
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Keystone
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Lovely suite, comfortable bed. We booked through Badlands Vacation and got a great rate. Food was okay, but they advertised a continental breakfast so was not expecting a full hot breakfast. The ladies in the breakfast room worked very hard to keep the counters full. Thanks for making our experience to the Black Hills of South Dakota enjoyable and memorable!

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Jennifer G, Manager at Rushmore Express Inn & Family Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Charlene O,

You're welcome! That's fantastic you had such a memorable experience with us from start to finish, thank you for sharing with us and future guests. We hope to see you again at Rushmore Express!

Reviewed 3 August 2017

We stayed one night in order to see Mt Rushmore. We had a family suite. It was nice but was an interior room so it had no windows, except onto the hall way. We slept well because there was no sun peaking in to wake us. The family suite was 2 queens and 1 pullout so can sleep 6. The room was super clean and fairly new looking.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

This family-friendly hotel has suites that are HUGE, modern, clean, and beautifully decorated. Rooms featured mini-fridge, microwave, extra sink, FIREPLACE, and large bathroom with non-skid marble, One of ours had a Jacuzzi-tub. The lighting was a bit dim. Our large window didn't have much of a view, but it opened completely for fresh air at night. Staff were very accommodating. When we checked in clerk worked hard to put our rooms side by side even though they were at capacity. The complimentary breakfast is adequate. The oatmeal is actually delicious (and I don't like oatmeal). Coffee with flavored creamer is always available. The pool was well-used by our 10 and 11-year-old. However, the chlorine content was extreme, and my eyes burned after being in the pool area for a while. The kids didn't seem to mind. Fitness room was available. The lobby has books and movies to purchase for a donation. Parking is easy. Location is very near Grapes and Grinds and within walking distance of the other stores in town.

Room Tip: Some rooms open to the outside; some are on inside hallways.

meaculpakitty,

Thank you for the glowing feedback! It sounds like you had a terrific stay. If you visit again when the weather is cooler, the granite floors in the bathrooms are heated as well. :) And we love our location, I'm glad that it worked well for you all. Thanks also for your feedback regarding the lighting, we will take it into consideration.

Regarding the chlorine content: we check chlorine levels multiple times a day to ensure compliance with state regulations. However, for future reference, if you (or future guests) sense that the chlorine content is not what it should be, please do let our front desk know and we will notify our pool maintenance crew so that we can double check that it is at the appropriate level.

Have a great rest of your summer! We hope to see you again at Rushmore Express,

Reviewed 29 July 2017

First, this was a nice hotel and the service was very friendly. But I do feel we overpaid. I booked this hotel several months ago based on reviews on this website, I was willing to pay a little more because it was the height of the season and I wanted to make sure we got a room. I guess I should have known that hotels in the area are abundant and I could have waited to see if the price went down. I splurged on a room with a bunk for the kids and a kind bed for the adults. It was interior so we had no outdoor windows. It was however very clean and very spacious. My daughter wanted to check out the pool and we only lasted a few minutes, the pool is very small and there is no supervision. I did really like how close this hotel was to the main drag, and to the Keystone attractions. One thing that is weird and nitpicky, after a long day of travel and site seeing my daughter wanted to watch Discovery channel shark week and they only had a handful of channels, Discovery not being one of them. Obviously, TV is not a priority on vacation but it was odd. Maybe it is just the reception availability in that area.

tonip961,

Thank you for the review, and for the positive feedback regarding our service! I'm sorry to hear you feel like you didn't get the best price you could. While we are competitive for what we offer, rates in Keystone for peak season (July and early August) do tend to be higher across the board. Booking in advance with us (ie prior to May) can sometimes get lower rates for our peak season. I'm glad to hear that despite this, you had a good experience with our staff, and enjoyed your room overall. I apologize as well for your inconvenience regarding Discovery channel during shark week. While we do our best to accommodate our guests with TV channels upon request, Discovery is not one that our cable provider here in the Hills gives us the option of offering.

We wish you the best and hope to see you again!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

The motel is situated in a great location in beautiful Keystone. I booked a suite for my family for three nights. The room was clean and big. The problem was the only window faced the hallway. We were in beautiful Keystone and had no view. We couldn't tell if it was sunny or rainy, if it was day or night. It felt like staying in a basement. I asked to change rooms with a window, they said they were full each night. So- if you like windows and daylight, be sure to ask before booking a room.
The only other complaint is the breakfast. Frozen waffles, frozen pancakes and off brand cereal. Kids weren't impressed.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Cuzco12

Cuzco12,

Hello and thank you for the review! I'm glad you loved our location here in Keystone, and found your family suite to be spacious and clean. Because of the layout of our establishment, some of our double queen family suites do have inside facing rooms. (For the record, our deluxe double queen family suites all have outside facing windows.) Typically we try to accommodate our guests with needed room changes as much as possible, although this time of year when we are filled it can unfortunately be a bit tricky. I apologize for your inconvenience with this, and were it possible to move you around we would have done our best.

Regarding breakfast: thank you for sharing your thoughts. I have passed on your feedback to our General Manager.

Best wishes,

Jennifer

Also consider these accommodations in or near Keystone
0.7 km away
0.7 km away
Ramada Keystone Near Mt Rushmore
9.8 km away
Mountain View Lodge & Cabins

Been to Rushmore Express Inn & Family Suites? Share your experiences!