All reviews off season room was clean rapid city pancake machine nice hotel mt rushmore within walking distance the breakfast area crazy horse hot tub cinnamon rolls would stay here again custer state park indoor pool black hills front desk staff other attractions
Reviewed 26 September 2018

This HIE is very conveniently located just off the Main Street in Keystone. It was away from any noise and rooms were clean and comfortable. Brekafast is Expree standard but the staff was very pleasant. Coffee was good! The price point is reasonable for the area.

Room tip: Even numbered rooms do not face the parking lot.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CZeimet, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mt Rushmore / Keystone, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us! I hope that you were able to relax at our hotel and enjoy the beauty of the Black Hills! Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback and we hope you return to the area again in the future.

Reviewed 22 September 2018

We've stayed in many Holiday Inn/Holiday Inn Express hotels and we don't expect the Four Seasons, just a quiet/clean room, and we generally get that. But this was the absolute worst. To begin with, handicapped parking very limited and two of the spots are at least 50 yards from the hotel entrance. When we were getting ready for bed at 10:00 pm, discovered that 2 of the 3 washcloths were dirty - smeared with lipstick and some black substance. The bathroom counter was thick with hairspray/hair gel residue and my wife had to clean it with antibacterial pads. The back of the toilet had pubic hair and when we pulled back the sheets, there was hair on the bottom sheet and 3 of the 4 pillow cases were streaked with black. Called the desk and they brought new bathroom towels/wash cloths and bedding (all clean). We wound up having to remake the bed ourselves late at night. When I talked with the manager the next morning she did give us a large discount.

Room tip: Best advice. . . . Avoid this place like the plague.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to place this feedback. I am truly sorry that the level of service you received was not up to par; please know this is not our level of service we provide. I hope that our staff acted promptly in fixing the issues you faced and that you were still able to have a good nights sleep. I sincerely thank you for bringing these issues to my attention so I can prevent them from happening in the future. I hope you had a great time visiting the Black Hills!

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Great location, large rooms, nice pool area.
Mildew smell overwhelming, breakfast inedible. Rooms outdated, clerk indifferent. Last resort in my opinion. Holiday inn should renovate or remove their name from this property.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

I sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that our hotel and staff did not meet your expectations. I truly hope you you still enjoyed your overall visit to the area.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

We reserved this room via phone, after searching reviews online. Ended up in room 208.

When we arrived, the TV did not work. It had been scheduled to be replaced that day, but they didn't make it. We got an updated tv the next day, and some credit from our bill.

The queen beds were fine, the rooms were clean, and there were plenty of towels and service items. The fridge and microwave worked well,

The rooms were quiet and the AC worked well.

The continental breakfast was about what you would expect for a budget motel, so we have no complaints about it.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to the area! I'm glad that the issues you faced were taken care of you and you still enjoyed your stay! I hope you had a great overall time visiting the beautiful area and I hope you will return in the future!

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We had booked this hotel at the last minute, realizing we had time to take a quick side trip to Mount Rushmore. The phone customer service reps were fantastic, and were able to accommodate our last minute needs. We checked in extremely late (after midnight) and the person at the desk was wide-awake, friendly, and very helpful. In fact, the only reason this is not five stars is because the parking lot of the hotel is not big enough to accommodate all guests. We had to park around the side of the hotel, which may or may not have been part of the actual parking lot to the hotel. The parking lot in front of the hotel, was city parking, which made it inconvenient. There were lots of deer wandering very close to the hotel when we arrived. Very calm, very serene. Again, the front desk was extremely helpful given the early hour. We checked in, and our room was clean, and everything was new looking and fresh. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom looked sparkling clean. We had to get to Mount Rushmore quite early; in fact we needed to leave the hotel about 15 minutes before breakfast officially started. Upon hearing that, the same customer service person who helped us a few wee hours earlier, let us know that we could absolutely help ourselves to breakfast, as he could see that we were in a hurry. What a wonderfully kind gesture! My children had been nervous that they would not get a chance to eat given the time, and it greatly improved their spirits for the trip to Mount Rushmore. Definitely stay here!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
CZeimet, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mt Rushmore / Keystone, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to place this well-rounded feedback for future guests and so we can improve our hotel! I'm glad that our staff was accommodating throughout your stay! I do apologize if parking was tight or confusing when you arrived. We do have free parking on either end of our building; which is probably where you parked, as well as in front against our building! We also have an overflow lot for additional vehicles, RV's, trailers, etc. I hope you and your family had a great time visiting Mount Rushmore; early morning is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you again for staying with us, we hope you had a great time and we hope you visit the area again in the future!