All reviews hot tub small family coffee maker dining table sized bed small cabin pots and pans short drive national park labyrinth woods bears trail retreat fireplace wedding lodge
Reviewed 8 October 2015

We stayed at Wellspring several years ago and rate it as a "come back to destination".
On this stay we found the property neglected and unkept. The interior had cob-webs, mice and was not worth the $$$ we spent to get an upscale place. the bedding appearance was very used. I wish it was as nice as before. Not a come back to place!

1  Thank JimMona
Reviewed 7 October 2015

My partner and I stayed at Wellspring this past weekend for our 8 year anniversary and it was amazing! We had originally planned to stay two nights in Port Townsend but since the wooden boat races were packing all the lodging options we though, "hey why don't we stay at a spa resort somewhere in between our home (Portland) and Port Townsend which is how we found Wellspring.

We received a confirmation e-mail from Carole reminding us of our stay which was great because we are super forgetful. When we arrived at the spa, which by the way is right off a main road so you can't miss it, our key was left for us pinned to their board by the entrance. No checking in with a front desk clerk or waiting in line, you just grab your key and go!

We stayed in one of their beautiful cabins which comes fully equiped with a microwave, coffee maker (clutch!), mini fridge with a freezer outside on the porch (which was a little weird), a full bathroom, and a four-post bed made from fallen branches! When we walked in the door we both let out a loud "awwwwww" cuz it was so darn cute!

We each signed up for a 90 minute massage and then an hour long soak in their private tubs. There was some issue with the massages being booked at the same time because one of their masseurs was dealing with family matters so our massages couldn't take place at the same time. No worries because my partner went off and meditated in their little sanctuary by the back of the property while I got my full-body massage from Kathy. If you get a chance to book her you won't be disappointed. She is so knowledgeable about her craft since she used to teach Anatomy and Physiology! After the massages we went into the sauna for a little bit and then the soaking tub.

Helpful tip: when you book the hot tub time you also get access to the sauna that is attached to it as well so it's kind of like your own private little area.

All in all our trip was great and we are definitely going back! Thank you Wellspring!

Oh, I almost forgot to mention one of the awesome things they did for us. We had accidentally left a blanket, two pillows, and a jacket behind. I had asked them if they could save them for us until next time and instead they shipped them to us and added the shipping cost to the card on file!!!! Now THAT is some over the top service!! I have already told many friends about our experience and they are excited to join in all the fun so get ready to be booked up Wellspring!

Room tip: All rooms have their own little quirks and you can't go wrong.
Date of stay: October 2015
1  Thank Dwayne F
Reviewed 19 September 2015

This was absolutely the perfect place to escape from stressful work and busy city life. It is in an idyllic slice of the forest around Mt Rainier, isolated from businesses, cell service, and other people. The cabins provide the perfect opportunity to cozy up, relax, read; plus, you can indulge in a spa and/or hot tub soak. It's not super high tech or over-indulgent in luxuries - it is just the right balance to enjoy the beauty of wild woods without having to endure the harshness of wild woods. I plan to make this a regular vacation spot for myself...for all seasons!

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Heather F
Reviewed 16 September 2015

Wellspring is a charming, funky, off-beat, and delightful place to stay for adventurous travelers looking for something different. Set back in the woods, Wellspring offers different accommodations, all of them distinct, including a tree-house cabin, and an African-safari-themed "tent" cabin, which we stayed in. Timbuktu was comfortable, cozy, clean, and delightfully decorated. It has a wood stove for heat, but while we were there in August a fire ban was in place, not a problem since it was warm enough w/o one.

Most of the accommodations here share centrally located bathrooms/showers, so be prepared to walk to the facilities along trails through the woods iif you stay in the rustic "camper cabins, as they call them. A flashlight is advisable at night. Also be aware that you'll park in a small lot and have to carry your luggage to your rooms. Paths are not paved.

Still, if you're prepared, Wellspring is a delightful break from antiseptic and sterile hotel rooms. It's peaceful and beautiful here. There is a wooden hot tub in the woods that you reserve, and you can also schedule a massage in the onsite massage room. We did not avail ourselves of the masssage service, though we did enjoy the lovely views of the moss and lichen-covered trees on the hillside from the depths of the hot tub.

We never met our hosts here, but they seemed to work invisibly behind the scenes, for example, inscribing a welcome to us on a chalkboard in the short time between the time we reserved the hot tub and made our way there. Quite a delight, that fairy-like touch.

Room tip: The camper cabins are a traipse through the woods if you have heavy luggage. Lovely, though.
1  Thank JamzRocks
Reviewed 4 September 2015

I agree with one prior reviewer that you ought not expect the amenities you'd find at a hotel, but I was fine with that...though I admit, they could do a bit more upkeep with the landscaping--I hit a bush walking into the cabin that had thorns, and I had to remove one from my calf with a tweezer. In any case, we expected a somewhat rustic cabin, and that's what it was. The water pressure in the shower was fantastic...it's something I usually have issues with, but not here. Also, it was cute and cozy and worked great for us. We also really enjoyed the nature walk, but it's not kept up all that well, so be careful.

1  Thank MelodyM814