All reviewsdining tablecoffee makersized bedpots and pansshort drivenational parkwoodsbearsfireplacelogsoapjacuzzihousekeeperloftevergreenfreezer
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Cabin was full of mice poop and the bed must have been their nest. There were droppings on the tables, bed and futon. Pillows reeked of rodent urine. We figured this is not that unusual for winter in the woods so we tried to contact them for new bedding and pillows. We tried sleeping on the tiny futon with no luck and eventually slept in our truck. Sad and frustrating. Management was not to be found. Tried to call....no luck. Their house was on the property. Knocked and could not find anyone to help us. The hot tub water smelled of chlorine and was dirty. There are lots of floating things----looked like pieces of cooked egg in the hot tub. The hot tub was not as private as we expected or hoped. $10 is a lot to pay for an hour of sitting in the tub---it was $20 for both of us. Breakfast basket was nowhere to be found. Stayed here years before and Sunny was everywhere. Don't know who owns it now. It seems like the owners expect the place to run on it's own. They just didn't seem to care. Never got a response back after asking for a refund. Husband is sensitive to rodent droppings and urine. Miserable night. We'll never go back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank HikeandBike45
Reviewed 17 March 2014

A friend recommended checking out this place. At first I was a bit hesitant to stay in a cabin in the woods by myself. had a really bad couple of weeks at work and by then didn't care, just needed to get away. When i arrived I was a little disappointed at first to see how close together the cabin actually were...HOWEVER, It was just fine. Even though there were several people staying I barely saw anyone the two days I was there. Natalie? I hope I got her name right, he housekeeper was great and she showed me some of the rent rooms that I was curious about. Sunny was very friendly and when I ran into her she asked me if I had found the labriynth which was very peaceful. I'm still curious about the rock formations there :). I would highly recommend this place if you need a relaxing, no phone, no internet, no tv kind of time. I for sure will go back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We've stayed at Wellspring for our wedding anniversary for the past 2 years and love it! This resort has cozy, beautifully appointed, rustic log cabins in a tranquil wooded setting with wonderful walking paths (including a labyrinth!), wood stoves or massive stone fireplaces, jetted tubs or hot tubs, a sauna....the list could go on, and its all close to the entrance of Mt Rainier National Park! No TVs, no computers, no cell phone signal......the perfect place to unplug, unwind, rejuvenate and connect with nature and each other!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I surprised my boyfriend with a weekend getaway. Our trip coincided with a huge storm that came through the area. There were power outages in Ashford that morning, and much of the the park was closed. Our plans changed, we are easy going people, so we rolled with it. We came to the cabin after 3pm. The power and water were out. Someone came to drop off our key at the board, but no one mention the outages or contingency plan. I used the phone around 4pm, and left a message for Sunny with a 3rd party reservation system that they use. Our cabin was dark, we had 1 lantern and a flashlight. We built a fire and made the best of it. At about 8pm, we called again, since we hadn't heard from anyone. Again, I left a message with this third party reservation system. After that we walked around to try and find someone who works there, but there was no one to be found. It seemed so strange that there wasn't anyone overseeing the property, and taking care of guests. We did not hear from anyone that night.

We kept a fire going that night for heat, and got up every few hours to put more logs on the fire. There was 1/2 a gallon of water we found under the sink, and used to wash our hands. At 7am the following day the power came back. For the last few hours we got to "see" the cabin, we made the best of our last few hours there. It was also mentioned that we were to have a small breakfast provided, and nothing was there.

It has been close to 48 hours since I checked in, and have yet to hear from Wellspring. I am very disappointed with how things were handled. Bringing by some water, another lantern, would have been nice. My boyfriend and I joked, that we felt like squatters in the cabin, instead of guests. This place looked appealing to me because of the personal touch the place seemed to have, but that was not the experience we had.

I hope to hear from someone soon. I called an left another message today, and still nothing. I feel tired and disappointed coming home after a weekend away, instead of refreshed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank jennifer s
SUNNY1432, Owner at Wellspring, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

I wish your stay had been a different experience for you ! Storms and power outages are not what we hope will interfere with a stay at Wellspring ! Others who were here that same night felt the night was adventurous and romantic and fun. Clearly you did not ! When a big storm knocks out the power we have not only no electricity and therefore no pump for bringing water, but also no phone service. Therefore I never got word of any message. We try to provide water and lanterns, and you did say you found those. I apologize for the confusion and discomfort you felt and hope none of us go through storms like that very often.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Wellsprings Spa is the perfect place to go relax and rejuvenate The setting here is very peaceful and tranquil. It was so nice to come here and get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life! I loved the fact that there was no cell phone coverage or televisions just the beautiful atmosphere of the great outdoors in the Northwest. My stay considered of one night in the Turiya and one night in the Grace West.

The Turiya was surrounded by a zen ambiance with a private access area off the master bedroom including a pond with a waterfall, rockery, and wonderful plants, the inside of the cabin was as ascetically pleasing as the outside. The Grace West was tucked away in a more woodsy setting with a great view of the natural Northwest environment also including pond areas and waterfalls. My favorite by far was the Turiya! Both cabins offer the luxury of having exclusive rights to the hot tub, sauna, and spa amenities after 9pm which I fully took advantage of. I also really enjoyed exploring the walking trails.

Sunny was a very gracious host, and she also gave me the best massage I've ever had! I enjoyed my stay so much that I did not want to leave. I have never been so relaxed! I plan on making this a regular place to visit for my health and wellness. I have recommended Wellspring to my friends and family and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo