Wellspring
USD 231
USD 142
Alexander's Lodge(Ashford)(Great Value!)
USD 191
Copper Creek Inn(Ashford)(Great Value!)
USD 220
  • Restaurant
USD 147
USD 154
Mountain View Lodge(Packwood)(Great Value!)
USD 126
  • Breakfast included
USD 154
USD 165
TripAdvisor
All reviewshot tubdining tablecoffee makergas stationsized bedpots and panscozy cabinsshort drivenational parkwoodsbearsfireplacelograiniersoaplofthousekeeper
Reviewed 17 March 2014

A friend recommended checking out this place. At first I was a bit hesitant to stay in a cabin in the woods by myself. had a really bad couple of weeks at work and by then didn't care, just needed to get away. When i arrived I was a little disappointed at first to see how close together the cabin actually were...HOWEVER, It was just fine. Even though there were several people staying I barely saw anyone the two days I was there. Natalie? I hope I got her name right, he housekeeper was great and she showed me some of the rent rooms that I was curious about. Sunny was very friendly and when I ran into her she asked me if I had found the labriynth which was very peaceful. I'm still curious about the rock formations there :). I would highly recommend this place if you need a relaxing, no phone, no internet, no tv kind of time. I for sure will go back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We've stayed at Wellspring for our wedding anniversary for the past 2 years and love it! This resort has cozy, beautifully appointed, rustic log cabins in a tranquil wooded setting with wonderful walking paths (including a labyrinth!), wood stoves or massive stone fireplaces, jetted tubs or hot tubs, a sauna....the list could go on, and its all close to the entrance of Mt Rainier National Park! No TVs, no computers, no cell phone signal......the perfect place to unplug, unwind, rejuvenate and connect with nature and each other!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I surprised my boyfriend with a weekend getaway. Our trip coincided with a huge storm that came through the area. There were power outages in Ashford that morning, and much of the the park was closed. Our plans changed, we are easy going people, so we rolled with it. We came to the cabin after 3pm. The power and water were out. Someone came to drop off our key at the board, but no one mention the outages or contingency plan. I used the phone around 4pm, and left a message for Sunny with a 3rd party reservation system that they use. Our cabin was dark, we had 1 lantern and a flashlight. We built a fire and made the best of it. At about 8pm, we called again, since we hadn't heard from anyone. Again, I left a message with this third party reservation system. After that we walked around to try and find someone who works there, but there was no one to be found. It seemed so strange that there wasn't anyone overseeing the property, and taking care of guests. We did not hear from anyone that night.

We kept a fire going that night for heat, and got up every few hours to put more logs on the fire. There was 1/2 a gallon of water we found under the sink, and used to wash our hands. At 7am the following day the power came back. For the last few hours we got to "see" the cabin, we made the best of our last few hours there. It was also mentioned that we were to have a small breakfast provided, and nothing was there.

It has been close to 48 hours since I checked in, and have yet to hear from Wellspring. I am very disappointed with how things were handled. Bringing by some water, another lantern, would have been nice. My boyfriend and I joked, that we felt like squatters in the cabin, instead of guests. This place looked appealing to me because of the personal touch the place seemed to have, but that was not the experience we had.

I hope to hear from someone soon. I called an left another message today, and still nothing. I feel tired and disappointed coming home after a weekend away, instead of refreshed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank jennifer s
SUNNY1432, Owner at Wellspring, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

I wish your stay had been a different experience for you ! Storms and power outages are not what we hope will interfere with a stay at Wellspring ! Others who were here that same night felt the night was adventurous and romantic and fun. Clearly you did not ! When a big storm knocks out the power we have not only no electricity and therefore no pump for bringing water, but also no phone service. Therefore I never got word of any message. We try to provide water and lanterns, and you did say you found those. I apologize for the confusion and discomfort you felt and hope none of us go through storms like that very often.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Wellsprings Spa is the perfect place to go relax and rejuvenate The setting here is very peaceful and tranquil. It was so nice to come here and get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life! I loved the fact that there was no cell phone coverage or televisions just the beautiful atmosphere of the great outdoors in the Northwest. My stay considered of one night in the Turiya and one night in the Grace West.

The Turiya was surrounded by a zen ambiance with a private access area off the master bedroom including a pond with a waterfall, rockery, and wonderful plants, the inside of the cabin was as ascetically pleasing as the outside. The Grace West was tucked away in a more woodsy setting with a great view of the natural Northwest environment also including pond areas and waterfalls. My favorite by far was the Turiya! Both cabins offer the luxury of having exclusive rights to the hot tub, sauna, and spa amenities after 9pm which I fully took advantage of. I also really enjoyed exploring the walking trails.

Sunny was a very gracious host, and she also gave me the best massage I've ever had! I enjoyed my stay so much that I did not want to leave. I have never been so relaxed! I plan on making this a regular place to visit for my health and wellness. I have recommended Wellspring to my friends and family and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Karin A
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here one night in August 2013, in the Timbuktu tent. We had requested an early check-in, which was granted over the phone but the room was not ready quite as early as we expected/hoped. This didn't turn out to be a huge problem, though. The most difficult obstacle was finding our room, as it was set far back into the woods; fortunately we tried to do so for the first time while it was light out, but we still made a few wrong turns in the woods. At night, it was rather creepy as we didn't have flashlights. There were a few small lamps marking the path, but this wasn't enough to make me feel comfortable. This would be a problem if you had to use the restroom in the middle of the night, as the bathrooms were at the beginning of the path into the woods.

The room itself was nice. It was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the wood stove was set up for us to start a fire, which was my favorite part. The front porch was very nice for breakfast in the morning.

However, regarding breakfast, there were no instructions left for us about this. I had read that breakfast was included, but we had no idea where to find the breakfast. We weren't sure if it was to be left on our porch, and we waited awhile. Then I hiked to the Information board at the entry to the property to see if there was any information there, but there was not. Finally I noticed a mini fridge in the bathroom with two breakfast baskets, but I wasn't sure if these were for us or if this was just where the baskets were kept until they were delivered somewhere else, because there was no info. It was all really unclear and eventually we took one basket from the bathroom. The contents of the basket (string cheese, yogurt, mini muffin, juice box) were fine but nothing too exciting.

I would have preferred more information and access to the manager overall. I tried calling the property several times in the days prior to our arrival to ask about an early check-in, but she doesn't answer the phone herself and uses an answering service, so they had to take a message and ask her to call me back, which didn't always happen. When we arrived at the property, our key was not left on the Information board as we were told it would be, so I picked up the phone that was there, hoping it connected me to her, but instead I was again connected to the answering service, who explained they were in a different state, so that wasn't helpful at all.

It was a beautiful setting, and other reviewers have had great experiences, but I think I'd prefer not to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KRB222

Hello. I am so sorry to hear of your difficulties on your stay here, and I will work harder to make better information available to guests. We do our best to accommodate early check in requests, but we can't always make it work to your wishes. I can only imagine how different and challenging this place must be coming from your home in New York City ! Thank you so much for pointing out what was confusing and where we need to improve. Your feedback, although disappointing that we didn't earn your pleasure, nonetheless is very helpful.