Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
USD 103
Free cancellation until 24/04/21
USD 103
Free cancellation until 23/04/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
USD 91
Free cancellation until 23/04/21
PricelineUSD 100
eDreamsUSD 103
Trip.comUSD 101
1,265 results
All reviews lovely grounds afternoon tea friends wedding wedding reception per head function room set menu lovely hotel special occasion fantastic food bar area sandwiches waiting staff main course following morning sunday lunch member of staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 January 2021

We stayed here in January following a funeral. The manager was superb, so kind and considerate. We felt so welcome and relaxed and it made a difficult time, so much better. The rooms were large and clean and the bed was really comfortable. None of us wanted to leave the next day and we have all said we will return when this is all over.

Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed 8 January 2021

My stay at The Moat House was thoroughly enjoyable, where I had such a pleasant and relaxing time over a period of several weeks.

The rooms are very comfortable, quiet, very clean and well presented, in an excellent hotel, set in such a scenic and tranquil location. I received an exemplary and consistently commendable level of service at all times during my stay.

The hotel is providing accommodation for key workers, with easy access to the M6 and a few miles from Stafford.

Takeaway meals are available over the weekend and can be pre-booked, as I did when I checked out on a Friday, ready for my evening meal on a Monday evening. A very good take away breakfast is provided, with a nice selection of morning snacks and drinks.

I also highly recommend The Dog & Doublet in Sandon, which is another fantastic pub and hotel that I’ve had the pleasure of staying at. Sadly it remains closed during the lockdown.

My personal thanks to Chris and his team of beyond amazing, friendly, polite, helpful and professional staff.

I very much look forward to staying at both hotels in the future.

May I wish you all a very Happy New Year,

Stay safe and well,

Steve

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2020

I was a solo guest in the hotel on 19 December 2020 as a key worker. The service and welcome was beyond exceptional. The 'takeaway' food from the hotel was spot on and the pot of tea was out of this word.

In somewhat unusual times, the welcome to a solo business traveller was beyond exceptional. The room was fantastic and I could not have asked for anything more in terms of making me feel a valued guest.

Without a doubt, I will be back and thank all the staff for their lovely and welcoming service.

Happy Christmas!

Date of stay: December 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2020 via mobile

We had a traditional afternoon tea. The restaurant as nice views overlooking the Staffordshire and Worcestershire canal. With the odd barge passing at this time winter. Just watching the wildlife on the canal was relaxing , there is also two other pools one can be seen from the restaurant. Now the important part the reception one gets when you go into the restaurant is very impressive one was quickly show to our table , followed be being show a selection of teas. If you dont want tea you can have coffee which I would highly recommend for coffee drinkers. the food was typically afternoon tea sandwiches scones and cakes , noting was to much problem for the staff. The service was professional and friendly. I would recommend the Moat House for any special occasions . although we have not had an evening meal in the restaurant I looked at the menu and it looks very tempting. there is a large Bar area were bar meals are served and they have a quite night.
From the road the Moat House looks very inviting, there are tables outside on the lawn by the pool which I would suspect would e very nice to sit on and have a drink or bar meal in the summer months.
Certainly a place to visit . We are looking forward to returning shortly for a meal .The Covid-19 precautions in place are to a very good standard.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2020 via mobile

Stayed here one night en-route to the south.
Great location and hotel surroundings.
Staff member on reception was friendly and efficient.
Covid precautions are evident and well implemented.
Room was good with tea/coffee/water etc provided.
Had dinner in bar as restaurant not open on a Sunday. Unfortunately food was disappointing with a mushy and oily sea bass dish and a tough and oily rib eye steak. One of the servers was to say the least just not up to the minimum standards one would expect: slow, disinterested, forgetting drinks order within minutes of having been given order, more interested In giggling with the bar server etc. Clearly lack of training and/or proper supervision. It also appeared that off-shift servers/staff were drinking and eating in the bar as well which seems unprofessional.
Breakfast was very good with friendly and efficient staff.
So a very pleasant stay marred somewhat by poor service and food at dinner time.

Date of stay: October 2020