The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Rochester, New York
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

What a beautiful hotel in a really cute town. Amazing service and as clean as can be. I will stay here every time I come to Morristown.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear dhglass,
Thank you for taking your time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are delighted by your wonderful comments on our hotel and will pass the positive feedback to our associates. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel and everything it has to offer. We will be looking forward to your next visit. Thank you again for your comments.
Colin Ankersen.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012 via mobile

I was traveling on business last minute and didn't have many choices. I was able to get a room at the Westin. Omar was very knowledgable at the front desk. I had 3 issues with the room: 1) abc channel was no working - maintenance came and tried to resolve...had a picture later but digital fade in and out. Better but not 100% 2) a/c was freezing, not heating- maintenance fixed perfectly!! 3) 2 little flying bugs- noted windows were open and not locked - probably cleaning crew. Besides that, ordered room service and had an AMAZING crab cake sandwich with salad and then breakfast the next morning. Room service was lightning fast both times and the food was great! I would go back just for the room service and staff. Maintenance showed up quickly after I called! The room was neat and everything was in working order...did not have much of a view but the extra customer service and quality of the food exceeded my expectations.

Stayed March 2012
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear TTJFamily,
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. We appreciate the positive comments on our food, service and staff- Omar, the maintenance associate and the in-room dining server. Your feedback is extremely valuable to our business. I am glad all the minor issues were promptly resolved by our staff and to your satisfaction. Please do visit us again in the near future and we will be glad to host you again.
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

I attended a 2-day meeting at the Westin earlier this week, which included a wine tasting/cheese pairing event as well as dinner at Blue Morel. Overall, the experience was very good; the meeting room was comfortable, the breakfasts and lunches provided were tasty, and the evening events were lovely. Special thanks to Richard Ramos for his knowledgeable presentation at the wine and cheese pairing. The room was fine as well; the Heavenly Bed is always comfortable and the room was quiet. The bathrooms, however, are ridiculously tiny. Finally, I was charged a day after checking out for a bottle of water that I absolutely did not consume, and I am still waiting for credit to be applied to my corporate card.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bathroom larger than a broom closet.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank hrppa
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear hrppa,
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. We appreciate the kind comments you have for our restaurant and the events you attended. We also thank you for recoginizing Richard Ramos. It makes us feel great that you loved the rooms, our service and staff. Please do let me know if the billing error has been rectified or not. Please accept my sincerest apologies on that. We would be glad to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future again.
Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

we've stayed here several times and it keeps getting better. it's a pet friendly property which is important to us and friendly in other ways too. convenient, attractive and nicely maintained, a stay at this hotel is a pleasant experience

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Outer Banks, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

My family recently gathered from all over the United States at the Westin Governor Morris to celebrate my grandmother's 80th birthday party. We chose this location because much of the family lives in the area and because my grandmother worked at the Governor Morris for many years (many years ago) before it became a Westin....so we all have fond memories of running around the massive kitchen and event rooms as young children but I hadn't been back in over 25 years.

The hotel is only about 20 minutes from the Newark Airport and was quite easy to locate off of Route 78 West. Prior to the event, I was able to secure a group rate for a block of rooms. My cousin worked with an in-house event organizer to plan the food and other aspects of our event. Check-in was easy and the staff was friendly. The rooms were small (the hotel is old, after all!) but clean and the accomodation was more than adequate. Our big birthday party went off without a hitch....the room was more than adequate in size, the food was served hot and was quite good and the service was friendly and appropriate.

It is always the little things that stand out so I should note the following: I became VERY sick with a stomach bug over the weekend (no fault of the hotel) and was running a fever. When my my dad went to the hotel sundry area to purchase some tylenol, the guy at the front desk gave it to him complimentary. It didn't cost the hotel but a few cents, but it was such a nice gesture and is indicative of the service that we received while there. If you need to plan an event in the area, definitely check out the Westin Governor Morris.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
2.5 km away
4.4 km away
Hanover Marriott
Hanover Marriott
#2 of 6 in Whippany

Been to The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown? Share your experiences!