“Keeping dining out an experience”

South+Pine American Eatery
Ranked #2 of 173 Restaurants in Morristown
Price range: USD 10 - USD 40
Description: south+pine is a seasonal American restaurant that has become a staple in the Morristown community.
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I really enjoy this place and their unique seasonal takes on American food. I like the meals they prepare and appreciate that they change the menu seasonally. They help make the dining experience a bit more interesting.

1  Thank 574janayw

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

South+Pine is one of my favorites in Morristown. The menu options offer plenty of healthy and delicious options in original recipes and culinary creations. However, the kitchen gets overwhelmed on evenings Mayo has performances so plan to go early and prepare to wait. The wait staff is courteous and generally good. The food never disappoints.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

South & Pine is a relatively new restaurant, beautifully located in the center of Morristown, right next to the Mayo Performing Arts Center. It has outdoor seating and two inner rooms, the back one of which offers raised banquettes allowing you to watch the activities in the open kitchen.
The menu sounds fairly standard but most items have a little unexpected twist that makes them more interesting; the cooking is well done, and the service is warm and friendly.
Our last meal was a lunch for three - one of us had a spinach salad with chicken, a second had a rice bowl with seared steak, and the third had salmon. All were excellent, and the seared steak, in particular, was superb. Best of all was the dessert - -a butterscotch pudding of such richness that we just couldn't stop eating it! Very highly recommended!

Reviewed 28 May 2018

I ate here for brunch a few weekends ago with a friend. The restaurant is so nicely decorated (county chic/hipster design) and the staff was great -- very friendly and helpful. I ordered a half soup (white bean and spring garlic soup with dandelion pesto) and half salad (cara cara orange salad), both of which were good. Was pleased that as a vegetarian, I still had a few options. I also ordered the cucumber mint cooler, which was very refreshing. The bread served while we were waiting was warm, crunchy, and delicious. South + Pine is not inexpensive, but I found the food and service to be worth the price. I hope to come back!

Reviewed 28 May 2018

If it weren't for the presentation, I would give it a two star rating. Sadly, a lot of hype, but little wow in the food taste, preparation or quality. The duck tacos are not all that...duck was tough and dry. My friends ordered salads and added the chicken. There was zero spice and once again - very dry. Graciously, our server removed the charge for the chicken. Other than the Motown vibe and our wonderful server, S+P is worth a pass.