“Things to know ”

Morristown Pancake House
Ranked #20 of 173 Restaurants in Morristown
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We found the Morristown Pancake House on TripAdvisor and decided to try it. The food was good. I had the eggs and corn beef hash and the corn beef used in the hash was some of the best I have had. My husband had the Huevos Rancheros which he said was good but it was unlike any Huevos Rancheros we had ever seen as it was deconstructed. It was really eggs with sides of black beans, potatoes, chorizo, corn tortillas and pico de gallo. However, there are things to know if you plan to visit. First, you can swap toast for two silver dollar pancakes which are really palm sized. Had our waitress not told us that was an option we would not have known as there was no notation on the menu. I like pancakes but as a side so was pleased to have been told and enjoyed them. It would have been a shame had I missed them. Second, you can call ahead and put your name on a list for a table which you will want to do. When we left there was a long wait. Three, they are very specific about the number of patrons seated at the tables. There were booths all around us that were empty when we arrived and still empty when we left but lots of people waiting. I asked about it because I was curious and was told that those booths were for five or six people so a group of four could not be seated.

2  Thank AnAnthropologist

Reviewed 12 March 2018

This is about breakfast. I appreciate those that go to restaurants for more than that, but lets be real. If it is a pancake house, you need something that counts as breakfast food. Also, the day I went there wasn't a wait, but I have been there before and it can take a bit. So with these things in mind, here is a little information that will hopefully help.

First, this isn't about crazy breakfast items, it is about your favorites. I had a dish called the Rodeo Skillet. Nothing super fancy. Two eggs, over easy, served over fried potatoes mixed with peppers, onions, and slices of chorizo sausage. Oh, and don't forget toast, seeded rye with butter, all for just under $11. It was solid. The eggs were cooked perfectly, the food hot, and the waitress helping us out was extremely nice. The ambiance, like I said, wasn't crazy busy that morning, but it is what you expect from a solid breakfast spot. Open, a little noisy at times, and heavy with the smell of bacon, pancakes, and syrup.

One of my friends got an eggs benedict dish with corned beef hash an it was great. the hash felt fresher than a lot that I get at other breakfast places and balanced the dish with some saltiness. Not a health food, but for me, a comfort food.

Note that on busy days, you need to get there early, but feel free to call ahead to get a sense of time and determine if it is worth it for you. There are some other breakfast places in the area, but this is one of the better ones. There aren't crazy creative items on the menu, and I am not health conscious when I eat breakfast food so I can't comment there, but sometimes breakfast is just better the good old fashion way. Worth it if you want a solid meal.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Been meaning to try this place based on ratings. Finally went late on a Saturday. Waited about 10mins, not bad but the menu had VERY limited pancake choices and what we did order was nothing special.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We were attending an event in Morristown and decided to get there early and eat breakfast there. We stumbled onto Morristown Pancake House. What luck! The service was friendly and quick and we were not rushed, despite the gathering crowd. I ordered corned beef hash with eggs, and I happily accepted the side of two silver dollar pancakes instead of toast. The corned beef hash was excellent, and too salty like many places. The silver dollars were large for silver dollars, which was great. They serve espresso drinks so I had an excellent latte. If I am ever in the area I would definitely return.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

Overall, this place has gone a little downhill the past 6 months. First I waited 20 min for a table after party after party were seated to then be offered a spot at the counter. Understand busy but not to be passed over again and again. Second, food anymore is mediocre at best and it's not the most moderate priced breakfast spot. This place could be a real gem and MTO needs a consistent breakfast, lunch eatery. I hope they improve.