“Autumn in Cromer”

Ranked #20 of 96 Restaurants in Cromer
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Red Lion hotel, bar and restaurant has a history dating back to 1766 when the inn was first built. Today we offer fresh, local produce, fine Norfolk ales, and 15 en suite rooms.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We enjoyed a very comfortable four days in this friendly Inn. The staff were polite and efficient, the food was very goof, the accommodation was excellent and even the weather played along with warm sunny days. Our first trip to East Anglia but not the last.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
KirstyAbraham, General Manager at The Red Lion, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for leaving a review following your stay at The Red Lion, Cromer.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and you found the food to be very good.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The best looking pub in Cromer, lovely inside and stunning views through the lovely bay windows over the pier. Very cosy, couples friendly and great food. Only let down is the beer - loads of choice but nothing decent ! Would love to see better beers here and would move in !

Thank you for leaving a review following your visit to The Red Lion, Cromer.

I am pleased you enjoyed your meals and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This delightful place serves the most delicious food.
I cannot fault the lovely staff.
Very attentive.
The food is amazing. The fish starter was beautifully presented.
I have never tasted anything like it.
The effort the chef made to achieve this culinary delight. I felt like I was in a 5* restaurant.
Well done to all staff and my compliments to the chef.
My mum and I will be back to try out the fish platter next time on your menu very soon. I'm sure it will be as delicious as my fish starter that I had on Friday lunchtime.

Thank you for leaving a review following your visit to The Red Lion, Cromer.

I am pleased you enjoyed your meals and you found our staff to be lovely.

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

My wife and i visited the red lion at six o clock Monday evening to have a meal i chose fish and chips my wife chose salmon when my meal came the fish was on top of the chips and so i ate my fish exposing the so called chips they looked like the bits left in the pan after cooking i tried to put my fork in one it was rock hard i think they were left over from lunchtime and cooked again as i was the first meal served that evening my wife's meal wasn't anything to shout home about the salmon was over cooked i hate complaining when the waitress came over she said was everything ok with the meal i said not really and showed her my plate o bits i think it had two small chips amongst all the bits she offered to get me some more isaid no thanks they knocked 10% off the bill the evening was ruined we would have been better going to the fish and chip shop they would have been a lot better at half the price we certainly won't go again and wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Thank you for leaving a review following your visit to The Red Lion, Cromer.

I apologise that you did not enjoy your fish and chips, I have passed your comments onto our Head Chef. We have not received any other complaints regarding the chips but we will certainly look into this further.

I hope you will give The Red Lion another chance in the near future.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Great place overlooking the sea. The room was lovely, clean & comfortable. The only problem was there’s nowhere to put anything in the bathroom - maybe a shelf over the sink??? Breakfast was good and staff were attentive & nice. Love the honesty box of goodies in the room and good selection of tea / coffee & extra water / milk on the landing is such a nice touch too. Would stay again, thank you - just give me somewhere to put toiletries!!

Thank you for leaving a review following your stay at The Red Lion, Cromer.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and you found your room to be lovely, clean and comfortable.