Open today: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Review Highlights
Live Clue Games are a great way to tour the property

Had great fun at the Live WW2 Clue Game. Was able to see each area/ building of the property and... read more

Reviewed 15 September 2018
327momof5
Walkersville, Maryland
Great for Kids and Adults

Fantastic place! Our docent was wonderful. We learned all about the unsung members of the... read more

Reviewed 20 August 2018
Ily911
Wilmington, Delaware

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Frederick
from USD 87.00
More Info
All reviews carriage house log cabin children's museum school groups wwii sleigh docent information games
Reviewed 11 July 2018

It's rare to find a place that is so fun and engaging for the kids, but also just as interesting for the parents. Our wonderful guide gave us a personal tour of the house, gardens, and the multiple different areas on the grounds (carriage house, ice room, etc...) all while engaging our three kids (aged 1-5) and giving them ample time to play and explore.

Even the 1 year old had a blast playing with all the toys!

We had an amazing time and had the entire facility nearly to ourselves.

We highly recommend and look forward to visiting again.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank aaron_family01
Reviewed 15 November 2017

I have visited this place many times, especially taking field trips with my students from Montgomery County. It is very hands-on and there are mny dosons to explain the history to our groups. They share interesting stories which keep the attention of little ones.

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank Pamela C
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Lovely historic home & farm turned into a Children's Museum. Our granddaughters love going and exploring. About every year, the museum changes up a few things to keep it interesting. Just walking (or running) around the grounds is nice also.

Date of experience: October 2016
2  Thank Ragz4
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

This historic house is geared towards school groups and giving them a hands-on experience. The house is original and while they do have period pieces nothing inside is original to the house. You can view the house on your own or take a 90 minute to 2 hour tour of the house. I opted to do the house on my own and found the information on the WWII POW camps very interesting. One of the guides did take me to the carriage house, the log cabin and the ice house where I got some more I formation about all the owners.

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank jehenson81
Reviewed 14 February 2017

I have been to several of the events that are held at Rose Hill Manor Park and Museum. The grounds are breathtaking, as is the house. There is so much history there and the events that are held are a fun time for all.

Date of experience: December 2016